What's new

USA Shipping forwarding (1 Viewer)

samkydd

Grip
Real Name
Kevin
I am looking into shipping holding companies in USA and the costs involved including custom fees. The threshold on UK customs is around £15. If it is a large order of 10 plus DVD's can you ask the holding Co to ship each separately to avoid customs charge. I presume though that you would be charged on each package.
Has anyone used one and can recommend a Co?

Last edited:

thetao

Grip
Real Name
Todd
I live in the USA so can't recommend a service, but don't you think shipping each disk individually would cost a LOT more than the customs charge? Maybe there's a sweet spot between customs charges and shipping charges, i.e. shipping in sets of 3 disks?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I am looking into shipping holding companies in USA and the costs involved including custom fees. The threshold on UK customs is around £15. If it is a large order of 10 plus DVD's can you ask the holding Co to ship each separately to avoid customs charge. I presume though that you would be charged on each package.
Has anyone used one and can recommend a Co?

A couple things -- many retailers won't ship to known forwarding addresses.

The individual shipping charges on separate packages would almost certainly be far worse than the customs fees unless the service has some remarkably cheap shipping. Shipping US to UK is far more expensive than UK to US.

samkydd

Grip
Real Name
Kevin
Yes I guessed it would be. It's just that I saw one company that had a monthly fee and low shipping charges. I am waiting for an email reply for more details.
Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks