What's new

Yamaha AVR 3070 or Denon AVR X4400H (1 Viewer)

MarkSchro

Stunt Coordinator
I narrowed down my choice for a new receiver between the Yamaha 3070 and Denon 4400, can anyone recommend one over the other? If anyone owns one of these I would like to hear your thoughts on them. Thanks

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The appear to be just about identical. I've never owned a Yamaha so I can't comment on that. I do own the Denon 4000 (same model - 4 years older). I really like the Denon but it can be a bit confusing. Once you figure out the manual it is very, very nice. I'm a fan of Audyssey Room Correction so I tend to stick Denon (and Onkyo before).

Maybe grab the manuals and see which one makes more sense to you?

zzkazu

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
If you are going to ever run pre-outs I have seen that yamaha models struggle and also driving all channels I have seen Yamaha reviews where the power has dropped from 100 watts per channel to 35 Watts driving 5 channels.

Have a look at his review, not saying its indicative but concerning.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you are going to ever run pre-outs I have seen that yamaha models struggle and also driving all channels I have seen Yamaha reviews where the power has dropped from 100 watts per channel to 35 Watts driving 5 channels.

Have a look at his review, not saying its indicative but concerning.

I love my Yamaha 3060, but it only drives my four Dolby Atmos speakers as I have my Outlaw Amp drive the other seven speakers in my 7.2.4 setup.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Both will offer great sound quality, I prefer the Yamaha and frankly do not get fooled by the watts debate, any modern receiver will easily drive modern speakers without a single issue and will play loud.

How efficient your speakers are will play a part in volume too.

You would need ten times the wattage just to be double the volume level of another receiver, that’s putting things into perspective with regards the difference between most modern AV receivers.

They test at one channel driven and that’s where you get the inflated figures, truth is you really do not need massive watts to get good volume as in a home cinema system most speakers are not playing continuously for the entire movie. Just calibrate and enjoy what you buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks