What's new

Another Legend leaves us... June Foray (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just read on Leonard Maltin's site that June Foray passed away yesterday. Sad.
I know I am just being selfish but I want more than just 99 years for her on this world.

latest

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Wasn't she also Cindy Lou Who? She had a wonderful career.

Never mind. I looked at the pic again and found her.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle she was Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Natasha Fatale in Rocky and Friends plus Nell in Dudley Do Right plus many characters in the Fractured Fairy Tales.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
She had such an impact in my life with her Looney Tunes voiceovers of female characters and, SUPREMELY, Rocky, Natasha, Nell, and most of the female characters in the Fractured Fairy Tales on Jay Ward's masterful creations.

How she will be missed! I'm SO thankful to have so much of her inspired work in my collection. Sleep well, dear lady!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Wonderful voice, many great characters. Such a loss. Truly enjoyed the Witch Hazel laugh.
She did so many great witches and old ladies on The Bullwinkle Show. Here's what I wrote about her in the other thread about her death:

She had such an impact in my life with her Looney Tunes voiceovers of female characters and, SUPREMELY, Rocky, Natasha, Nell, and most of the female characters in the Fractured Fairy Tales on Jay Ward's masterful creations.

How she will be missed! I'm SO thankful to have so much of her inspired work in my collection. Sleep well, dear lady!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
some of the greatest talents, never have the spotlight, but have contributed to enrich the lives of the characters that they possessed. Loony Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Disney, all would not be the same had she not shared that gift with the world. Her crowning achievement, already stated, the work done for Jay Ward. i have been blessed to have this from my childhood on, and many of those entertaining moments in my collection as well. Rest in Peace.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Well said, Rodney, Matt and Dana...I can only imagine the explosive delight she elicited in small children of many generations (and mature baby boomers) when she did her Rocky and other characters voices for them...I mean, that talent coupled with such a wonderful smile and personality!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Both my parents' and my generation were certainly touched by her presence, and I will certainly miss hearing her voice in new cartoons.

Gummi Bears was actually a mini-Rocky and Bullwinkle reunion of sorts when it began; Bill Scott, the voice of Bullwinkle J. Moose, was the original voice of Gruffi, but sadly he joined Selma Diamond, Dolph Sweet, and Nicholas Colasanto as one of the actors on an NBC show who died in 1985, the year they were #1. Roger C. Carmel, voice of Sir Tuxford*, would also die a few months later.

*Named for a street in Burbank.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks