What's new

3D Gun Fury 3D Blu-ray cover (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Image is similar to what was on the movie poster and looks cool!

gf.jpg

om9wea6r.jpg

attachment.php

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
- It's a terrific image, that jumps right out at you, full of life... I like it a lot!

I also like the typface they chose, haven't seen that before but it seems a good fit. It makes a fine cover, I'll be thrilled to add this to my collection.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Nitpicking but while the image on the movie poster is clearly Donna Reed, the image for the blu cover doesn't remotely resemble Miss Reed! Still, it is the movie that matters.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well, since Reed and the guy tied to the stakes changed clothes colors, and it begs the question, why did TT do that? It 's close enough to the original poster one sheet to still be okay.

Can't wait to add it to my original 3D collection! :3dglasses:

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
The French version has better likenesses all around, but is a bit more disjointed as an overall image.

Costume colour changes aren't unusual for vintage poster art, ... going back to the days when it often didn't matter, because the film was black and white anyway. Whatever choices produced the more impressive poster would better sell the movie. The artist for the Italian poster may not have been familiar with the actors, and was presumably working from reproductions of B/W presskit images. Perhaps because of the disregard for star recognition, the overall scene is more dynamic and focused than in other depictions of the same situation.

Like so many exciting movie posters, it's often best not to expect a literal depiction.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
...and yet a few low budget directors made movies from those type of sensational posters, I don't know...like Corman! :3dglasses:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
No one has mentioned that the man tied up is supposed to be Rock Hudson. In Rodney's post he does look like Hudson.

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
It reminds me of the poster for The Robe with the faces of the 3 leads with Richard Burton on the left and Victor Mature on the right. The woman in the middle is clearly not Jean Simmons but Jean Peters who dropped out of the production early on. I always wondered why they didn't just change the poster as the two look nothing alike

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Pre-ordered. Yay classic 3-D on blu-ray! I take it this was not a 3-D Film Archive project?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Pre-ordered. Yay classic 3-D on blu-ray! I take it this was not a 3-D Film Archive project?

Sony.

The 3D DCP has been available for repertory screenings for the past year or so, and looks really good. The BD should be made from the exact same source and be equally great.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
We have quite a list now of forthcoming classic 3D BR releases coming through and Gun Fury which we have never seen in 2D let alone in the third dimension will be a welcome addition to our bulging 3D collection.

Thank you Twilight Time and all the technical team.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
We have quite a list now of forthcoming classic 3D BR releases coming through and Gun Fury which we have never seen in 2D let alone in the third dimension will be a welcome addition to our bulging 3D collection.

Thank you Twilight Time and all the technical team.

The 2D DVD isn't very good so you were wise to wait.

Dstevenb

Grip
Real Name
Dwight
I received this yesterday and had a quick preview if the disc. The transfer is very nice and the 3D looks great! The extras include a 2D/3D trailer.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Nitpicking but while the image on the movie poster is clearly Donna Reed, the image for the blu cover doesn't remotely resemble Miss Reed! Still, it is the movie that matters.
The girl in the poster reminds of Maureen O'Hara.

Dstevenb

Grip
Real Name
Dwight
Tonight I watched the film and was duly impressed with the 3D and the colors of the transfer. Some sections looked better than others, but in all it was a nice sharp image, and the story was a compelling one to watch - and I'm not really a Western fan. The cast was stellar and I loved some of the gimmicky moments of 3D. Objects were coming out of the screen, and at one point my wife ducked for cover!! I am glad that another Golden Era 3D release has come out. Also, it played fine on my Region B PS3!

Last edited:

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
We shall be watching it again and for the 3rd time this week. Appealing western with a rich music track not to mention Donna Reed and many faces in the background as well. Personally I really like the composition of the shots and respectful use of 3D if that sounds right.
Plays in the UK fine by the way :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks