Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

Murdoch Mysteries: Season 10 Blu-ray Review
murdochmysteries10top2-4-1024x576.jpg

Murdoch Mysteries remains one the classiest and most enjoyable of police procedurals with luscious period production detail, warm and wonderful performances, and some crafty mysteries designed to test the little gray cells of us all.

[review]

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt,

I just bought the 1-4 & 5-8 Blu-ray boxsets from B&N for about $102 during their 60% off sale plus 20% coupon applied. I've become bored with American TV so I'm starting to watch more Acorn stuff. Your review pushed me to give this series a chance.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched the seven seasons that were available on Netflix but haven't caught up to the two between where I stopped and this season release. I find the shows lots of fun with engaging characters and better than average mysteries.

Keep us posted on your thoughts about the show.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Matt,

I just bought the 1-4 & 5-8 Blu-ray boxsets from B&N for about $102 during their 60% off sale plus 20% coupon applied. I've become bored with American TV so I'm starting to watch more Acorn stuff. Your review pushed me to give this series a chance.

I did that last Dec and I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm very impressed with Acorn Media in general and Murdoch is stellar.
I'm not sure what to do with S9 and S10 of Murdoch -- buy them now or wait and hope for a 9-12 boxset in a couple years
I did get the 2 standalone Christmas specials.

I also got George Gently 1-4 last year hoping to get 5-8 this year. Unfortunately there isn't a 5-8 set, but just a complete 1-8 Series and individual 5/6/7/8 and then sell my 1-4 boxset. I think I'm going to get the complete series and also Doc Martin S8 later this week in store. I think S9 is the conclusion of teh series. I got the DVD set of Doc Martin 1-6+ Movies through the EntertainmentAidsAlliance sale since I think the likelihood of BD of the earlier series is pretty low.

If you like Murdoch, I also suggest looking into Miss Fisher's Mysteries -- Australian series via Acorn Media. I think Miss Fisher is outstanding. Midsomer Murders is a 20yr series that still is going strong and also similar styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks