What's new

Warner Archive releasing Brigadoon (1954) on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
BRIGADOON (1954)
NEW 2017 1080p HD REMASTER
Run Time 108:00
Subtitles English SDH
DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1 Stereo - English
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.55:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
COLOR
BD 50
Special Features:
Outake Musical Numbers "Come to Me, Bend to Me," "From This Day On" and "Sword Dance"
Audio Outtake "There but for You Go I"
Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Look on a map and you won’t find it. Look in your heart and there it will be. Enchantment is a place – and a movie – called Brigadoon when Gene Kelly stars in and choreographs a lyrical film adaptation of the 1947 Broadway musical by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe (My Fair Lady, Camelot).
Vincente Minnelli directs this otherworldly tale of vacationing New Yorkers (Kelly and Van Johnson) who discover a Scottish village that comes to life once every 100 years for one day only. There, Kelly and a town lass (Cyd Charisse) share the love of a lifetime – one seemingly allotted just 24 hours. But fear not, there’s magic and timeless songs hereabouts: “Almost Like Being in Love,” “The Heather on the Hill” and more!

View attachment 40064

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SafariScreenSnapz001.png

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
After a year long drought, I had all but given up hope of seeing anything else released on my bucket list from WAC, so I couldn't be more THRILLED with this news! I first watched Brigadoon on TV with my Grandma when I was about five and I've loved it ever since. I can't wait!

WAC, if you really want to make my day, there's still 4.5 months left in Raintree County's 60th anniversary year. ;)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yup, I'll have this, It's always on my Warner wants lists. I'm not a big fan of musicals, but I do love this one, & I like the fact that it was shot in a studio & not on location in Scotland, I think it suits the fantasy element. I read somewhere that Moria Shearer was originally going to play the Cyd Charisse part, which would have been interesting (but I have no problems with the lovely Cyd). I wonder what title is next up?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I do love this movie. Got to meet Cyd Charisse (and Tony Martin and Ann Miller) at a premiere showing Of That's Entertainment III

Wonderful Lerner & Loewe score. Although to be honest, the most memorable version of "Almost Like Being In Love" was performed by Jack Soo on Barney Miller (after eating 'brownies ')

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I saw Cyd Charisse perform the role of Grusinskaya in the musical Grand Hotel in Fort Worth. She was far too old, but what a regal presence! I later met her and Betty Comden (got their autographs) after a 35mm screening of The Bandwagon, shown in 1:85 aspect ratio (the horror!). I did complain to the organizer of the event in Dallas. Charisse was so lovely in person.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I saw Cyd Charisse perform the role of Grusinskaya in the musical Grand Hotel in Fort Worth. She was far too old, but what a regal presence! I later met her and Betty Comden (got their autographs) after a 35mm screening of The Bandwagon, shown in 1:85 aspect ratio (the horror!). I did complain to the organizer of the event in Dallas. Charisse was so lovely in person.

I'm pleased to hear that Cyd Charisse was so likable. A large number of my favorite performers seem to have been unpleasant people!

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
BRIGADOON (1954)
NEW 2017 1080p HD REMASTER
Run Time 108:00
Subtitles English SDH
DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1 Stereo - English
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.55:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
COLOR
BD 50
Special Features:
Outake Musical Numbers "Come to Me, Bend to Me," "From This Day On" and "Sword Dance"
Audio Outtake "There but for You Go I"
Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Look on a map and you won’t find it. Look in your heart and there it will be. Enchantment is a place – and a movie – called Brigadoon when Gene Kelly stars in and choreographs a lyrical film adaptation of the 1947 Broadway musical by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe (My Fair Lady, Camelot).
Vincente Minnelli directs this otherworldly tale of vacationing New Yorkers (Kelly and Van Johnson) who discover a Scottish village that comes to life once every 100 years for one day only. There, Kelly and a town lass (Cyd Charisse) share the love of a lifetime – one seemingly allotted just 24 hours. But fear not, there’s magic and timeless songs hereabouts: “Almost Like Being in Love,” “The Heather on the Hill” and more!

Truly one of the worst musicals ever made. A box office flop . I saw it where I worked upon it's original release. Watching it on dvd recently,I still have the same opinion of the film to-day, as I had back in the fifties.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Truly one of the worst musicals ever made. A box office flop . I saw it where I worked upon it's original release. Watching it on dvd recently,I still have the same opinion of the film to-day, as I had back in the fifties.

We'll make sure to let you know when it's up for preorder.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I love this film and I love the terrific outtakes. I do wish they found the missing footage to go with the "There But For You Go I" ballad, but what can you do?

Years ago I read a comment by a critic who thought the book-ending modern day bar scenes worked much better than everything else, because they were Minnelli's preferred milieu. However the filming was harmed by the studio's cost-cutting decisions and the Cinemascope probably was not the right choice.Still, it is a great score and Cyd Charisse was especially terrific.

I know the moderators rightly want the focus here on movies, so I will just say this movie and its message is more relevant and welcome now more than ever. Therefore I am looking forward to this release very much.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
This is a favorite of mine, despite the fact that Gene Kelly really hasn't got the required voice for the part. Listen to the original cast, or Brent Barrett's 1991 recording for much less painful versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.