What's new

Pre-Order Junior Bonner (1972) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
911NLATcCdL._SL1500_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
This seems not to have generated any excitement. Well, I'm excited and I'll buy this disc at the first opportunity.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I think among us Peckinpah fans it has generated excitement. I really like this film and love that the list of films directed by Mr. Peckinpah missing on blu-ray is getting shorter.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This is a particularly gentle film from the director, and a good showcase for McQueen. Glad to see it emerging on Blu.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
This BD is a must-have for me.
Not only because Steve McQueen is my all-time favorite actor, but the DVD is non-anamorphic. It's even on my not so big TV-set not enjoyable to watch, let alone projected.

So, I'm very pleased of this announcement. :)

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
I have grown to appreciate this movie much more as I have gotten significantly older than when I first saw. In fact so much so that it is probably my second favorite Peckinpah behind the perfection that is The Wild Bunch. Although I have never had a "physical" job I can very much relate to the "pain" (physical, emotional, spiritual...) that is expressed in the lives well lived on display in Junior Bonner.

Regards,

mike siegel

Auditioning
Real Name
mike siegel
It should become a superb release. The HD master is wonderful, just great, 'gives justice to Lucien Ballards "blu skies". I produced some 2 hours of supplements for the Blu-ray I hope people will enjoy... After ALFREDO GARCIA / KILLER ELITE (both Twilight) and CONVOY (also Kino Lorber) it's my fourth Peckinpah co-production in the US, not counting THE GLORY GUYS, which isn't a Peckinpah film :).

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
"Reviews" on the Amazon website say the song Arizona Morning over the credit titles has been replaced by another song. If correct, I'm disappointed. I assume at some stage HTF will have a review.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
"Reviews" on the Amazon website say the song Arizona Morning over the credit titles has been replaced by another song. If correct, I'm disappointed. I assume at some stage HTF will have a review.
Unfortunately, that won't be the case as that title was never assigned a reviewer. When I received my disc, I briefly played my disc and was happy with what I viewed. Plenty of bonus material including an audio commentary with Nick Redman hosting a panel. Most of the bonus features are in HD too.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
It should become a superb release. The HD master is wonderful, just great, 'gives justice to Lucien Ballards "blu skies". I produced some 2 hours of supplements for the Blu-ray I hope people will enjoy... After ALFREDO GARCIA / KILLER ELITE (both Twilight) and CONVOY (also Kino Lorber) it's my fourth Peckinpah co-production in the US, not counting THE GLORY GUYS, which isn't a Peckinpah film :).

Any word on a new 4k transfer and 4k disc on The Wild Bunch?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I've just watched the entire movie. Even though there is a credit for "Arizona Morning" at the beginning of the film, the actual song is nowhere to be heard on the soundtrack. I don't know where it originally appeared in the movie or when it got removed, but there you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks