What's new

Jerry Lewis - dead at 91 (1 Viewer)

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Jerry Lewis represented some kind of essential magic for me as a child...a lifetime of warm memories, some pathos and a great many laughs...a great entertainer and humanitarian also.

20953870_649101048626410_7523460294143221717_n.jpg

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
the end of an era with this passing, the last of the great Comedy teams of classics Hollywood, and for all the humor that he brought to the world, i think it better to remember his humanitarian efforts for trying to find a cure for Muscular Dystrophy .

Rest in peace,

and this is the funniest bit him and dean ever did, trying to drive the audio crew crazy recording radio spots for "The Caddy" its a little rough, language wise, but you can tell they were just goofing around.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I've been reflecting on Jerry since the news broke. He wasn't everyone's cup of tea and his solo comedies were hit and miss. However his work with Dean, particularly the Colgate shows, were laugh out loud hysterically funny. But even taking away all the movies and television series, he will be remembered as a great humanitarian for all the work he did for MDA. And it wasn't just on Labor Day weekend either; he was active behind the scenes and even in his late 80s was still touring Australia in support of their version of MDA. The shabby way he was treated by that organization at the end is a disgrace in my opinion.

One of the big mysteries in his life was why he was so committed to the cause. Unless he gave Sandee or one of his kids permission to reveal it, it's a secret he took to his grave.

I also want to express my sympathies to HTF's own Bob Furmanek who was very close to Jerry and worked very hard to preserve his entertainment legacy and archival records.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've been reflecting on Jerry since the news broke. He wasn't everyone's cup of tea and his solo comedies were hit and miss. However his work with Dean, particularly the Colgate shows, were laugh out loud hysterically funny. But even taking away all the movies and television series, he will be remembered as a great humanitarian for all the work he did for MDA. And it wasn't just on Labor Day weekend either; he was active behind the scenes and even in his late 80s was still touring Australia in support of their version of MDA. The shabby way he was treated by that organization at the end is a disgrace in my opinion.

One of the big mysteries in his life was why he was so committed to the cause. Unless he gave Sandee or one of his kids permission to reveal it, it's a secret he took to his grave.

I also want to express my sympathies to HTF's own Bob Furmanek who was very close to Jerry and worked very hard to preserve his entertainment legacy and archival records.
His publicist was interviewed on the phone on CNN and she said he was very private about why he was so committed to the cause. She said once he started to cry a little in front of her because he started thinking about one of "his kids." I'll bet he was more proud of the MDA work than his entertainment career.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
In the group interview feature from the King of Comedy bluray he did the classic glass gag putting that glass inside his lips as an audience watched. I think he hurt himself getting it setup but he kept going for the laugh. I really do believe he hurt himself doing that.

gonna miss JL. this one hurts.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member