What's new

Yamaha BD-S681 and Pioneer BDP-80FD (1 Viewer)

SAPSEC

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
Hi folks,

I am about to get a blu-ray DVD player. In term of audio-picture quality and apps, which one is better :
Yamaha BD-S681 and Pioneer BDP-80FD ?

Thank you for all feeadback / experience :)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I’ve had both cheap and expensive blu-rays, and they all looked the same on my Pioneer plasma TV. I expect you aren’t going to see any noticeable improvement in PQ until you get to the really high end players costing thousands.

As far as the apps of those two players, you can find that yourself in the manuactures’ web sites just as easily as I can.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I just purchased the Yamaha BD-S681 and hooked it up to my Sony 4k tv and like the look of the picture with the upscaling to 4k.

SAPSEC

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
I just purchased the Yamaha BD-S681 and hooked it up to my Sony 4k tv and like the look of the picture with the upscaling to 4k.

I am not sure if Yamaha BD-S681 works well with a non 4K TV (posted question on a separate thread).

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
On the settings for the BD-S681 you can turn off the 4K upscalling and select Auto or 1080 for your tv resolution and i believe the player will work fine for a non 4k tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks