What's new

Netflix Raising Pricing! See Post #12 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm thinking of subscribing to Netflix for some of their exclusive shows like The Defenders, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and etc. I might also use it to watch some movies that I might not want to buy on Blu-ray or 4K/UHD disc. My questions are the following about their Premium subscription:

Does their streams use Dolby Atmos?

Is 4K/UHD available for those series I mentioned and are some movies available too in 4K/UHD?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Yep! I think all of Netflix's shows are 4K...
Most original shows and movies are 4K, and the hardware requirements are not as strict as VUDU

The same cannot be said for ATMOS (pasted from Netflix's website):

Devices that support Dolby Atmos with Netflix:
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox One S
  • 2017 LG OLED TVs

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Most original shows and movies are 4K, and the hardware requirements are not as strict as VUDU

The same cannot be said for ATMOS (pasted from Netflix's website):

Devices that support Dolby Atmos with Netflix:
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox One S
  • 2017 LG OLED TVs
Yeah, I think I'm screw on Dolby Atmos as I have the latest Roku unit and a 2016 LG OLED.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I might join Netflix for a couple of months then drop it after I catch up with the programming I want to watch on it. I'll then rejoin later on when newer programming interests me.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Yeah, I think I'm screw on Dolby Atmos as I have the latest Roku unit and a 2016 LG OLED.

I have no doubt the Roku will get it, and soon. Netflix only started with Atmos about a month ago, and they say "we plan to add support to more devices, making the experience more accessible to Netflix members everywhere."

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I might join Netflix for a couple of months then drop it after I catch up with the programming I want to watch on it. I'll then rejoin later on when newer programming interests me.

I love their Original series, only reason I still subscribe. All the Marvel stuff is in UHD/HDR, and some are just UHD (Last Chance U). PQ is great.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I may have to reconsider, too. I don't seem to watch very much there. I was not really a fan of Stranger Things, so that's not an incentive for me to stay (and likely drove the timing of the increase in hopes people won't cancel just prior to the start of the second season).

I have a large collection of physical media plus Amazon Prime (which is multi-benefit, unlike Netflix).

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Meh... my cost for entertainment went from .33¢ a day to .37¢ a day. I’m not going to get worked up over it.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Death by a thousand cuts! ;)
I am shocked!
risr6.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Meh... my cost for entertainment went from .33¢ a day to .37¢ a day. I’m not going to get worked up over it.
Yeah, but I have DirecTV's Premier package along with the NFL's Sunday Ticket so my cost for entertainment is quite more expensive.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
They're constantly adding new programming and, overall, the quality has been top notch. I have no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks