What's new

WAC: Releasing Hell on Frisco Bay October 24th (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've been waiting for 20 years to get this on some type of video disc and finally my wait is coming to an end.

NEW 2017 4K Scan from the original camera negative. First-ever Home Entertainment release in any format!

HELL ON FRISCO BAY (1955)

Run Time 98:00

DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English; English SDH ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.55:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX COLOR BD 50 Special Feature: Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Screen icon Alan Ladd produces and stars in this crime spectacle, shot on location in noir central - San Francisco. Steve Rollins (Ladd) is both ex-cop and ex-con, recently sprung from the stir. Spurning both love (Joanne Dru, as a songstress spouse who strayed) and friendship (William Demarest as his ex-police partner), Steve has one singular quest: Kill whoever set him up for murder, or die trying. Blending adult drama, detective story and noir, Hell on Frisco Bay is a cinema stew that's heavy on the savor and the flavor, thanks to its colorful CinemaScope and a top-notch supporting ensemble. Heading that ensemble is Edward G. Robinson, delivering one of his most unforgettable mobsters, the utterly repulsive and remorseless Vic Amato. Fay Wray nearly steals the show as a faded screen queen, while Paul Stewart serves up one of his finest performances as Joe Lye, Amato's hired killer with a conscience.

Last edited:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I've never seen this movie, but will order it based on the cast and description above. Another winner from WAC.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've never seen this movie, but will order it based on the cast and description above. Another winner from WAC.
This film has rarely be seen over the years. AMC might have shown it back when George Clooney's dad was hosting in the early 1990s. In my lifetime I might have seen it 2-3 times, but Edward G. Robinson's performance in this film always stayed with me. Also, I'm a big Alan Ladd fan so this one missing title always bother me so much, I kind of accepted the fact that I would never see it again.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
For me, an automatic purchase. I'm surprised and very pleased.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
They really should follow - audio 2.0 - with mono or stereo, it could be either, with a Max Steiner score, I'm hoping it's stereo.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
189340_front.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This is great news. We have been asking for this title for years. I have seen it, but like everyone else, not in its proper AR. This and 23 Paces are my blu-ray highlights of the year - so far.
I've had a few more highlights in that regard:

Night People
One Two Three
Spencer's Mountain
Love with the Proper Stranger
The Big Knife
Night Passage (Import)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm showing some discipline by not ordering this title until it reaches my price point which is $17.99.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm showing some discipline by not ordering this title until it reaches my price point which is $17.99.
It seems like all the WA Blu Rays eventually hit $17.99 on Amazon before release so I am sure this one will too. Last month WBshop had all the months Blus for $16.49 for about 4 days I got Law and Jake Wade and Brigadoon at that price.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It seems like all the WA Blu Rays eventually hit $17.99 on Amazon before release so I am sure this one will too. Last month WBshop had all the months Blus for $16.49 for about 4 days I got Law and Jake Wade and Brigadoon at that price.
Hopefully...... As to WBshop, I didn't bite on that offer because free shipping doesn't kick in until $100.00

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
True on the shipping. But Porky 101 was also on sale for $35.99 so the savings added up to enough.
WBshop is probably the last retailer I'll order from which wasn't the case some years ago. I can usually find their titles cheaper elsewhere and I don't have the same concerns about MOD versus press discs some others might have about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks