What's new

Gotham Season 4 (2017-2018) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Previous threads:
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

The new season moves to Thursdays at 8/7c and premieres Sept. 21.

The show has released an extended trailer. The first half recaps where the various storylines left off, and the second half gets into the new stuff:

Some news:
Promo Photos (click to enlarge):
Gotham_S04_001.jpg
Gotham_S04_002.jpg
Gotham_S04_003.jpg

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'll also give it a try this season. Bailed for a while, it was just to creepy with some of the characters.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
After the first scene of the premiere, I finally understand this show. We're being rick-rolled!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
THANK THE GODS that Fish Mooney is gone for good. The one character on Gotham I despised. I don't know if it was the way her character was written, or the fact that Jada Pinkett Smith is a horrible actress, or both. Every other character on the show, was written as a real person. Fish was more of a caricature, than a real person. Maybe that is why I hated her so much. I half expected her to have a handle bar mustache that she could twirl between her fingers, like a female Snidely Whiplash.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
THANK THE GODS that Fish Mooney is gone for good. The one character on Gotham I despised. I don't know if it was the way her character was written, or the fact that Jada Pinkett Smith is a horrible actress, or both. Every other character on the show, was written as a real person. Fish was more of a caricature, than a real person. Maybe that is why I hated her so much. I half expected her to have a handle bar mustache that she could twirl between her fingers, like a female Snidely Whiplash.
That's funny, but we all have our opinions. I originally watched the show just because of her, other than the James Gordon character :lol: Most of the others, like Oswald Cobblepot and Edward Nygma were awful.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Last week's Show seemed to tease Solomon Grundy
And this week's episode delivered on it. Once they noted at the end of last season that Butch's real name is Cyrus Gold, it was pretty clear where he was headed.

Something tells me Ra's al Ghul's death won't stick. It feels wrong to make Bruce a murderer, and it negates the whole elaborate dance between Ra's and Batman that is supposed to come.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
And this week's episode delivered on it. Once they noted at the end of last season that Butch's real name is Cyrus Gold, it was pretty clear where he was headed.

Something tells me Ra's al Ghul's death won't stick. It feels wrong to make Bruce a murderer, and it negates the whole elaborate dance between Ra's and Batman that is supposed to come.
Agreed, I very much doubt we've seen the end of Ra's

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Boy is this show doing everything to make you hate Bruce Wayne, in fact none of the Supposed Good Guys are anyone to like in this show, certainly not James Gordon, Not Bruce Wayne, maybe alfred a little. It's definitely a bad guys show

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
When does the show return from winter break? I realized today that I am four episodes behind.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm slowly catching up. Watched episode 9 (Let Them Eat Pie). My god, this is the most sadistic thing I've ever seen on television.

I gotta go watch my Adam West Batman blu-rays to cleanse my palate.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Extended Season 4B trailer ("See Your Own Darkness"):

Not sure what happened above. It was supposed to be a quick 4B promo, not a Gotham by Gaslight promo.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Catching up with the last two episodes, and I am struck by yet another actor playing Ivy. Is this the third actor in the role since the show started? Is that a record? FWIW, Peyton List is great. I’ve enjoyed her on the Flash and, especially, on Mad Men.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I marathoned the last few episodes and caught up tonight. I'm really enjoying the show at the moment. Lee shooting Sofia down was brutal and unexpected in the best way. I would have been especially impressed if she'd actually died. This show has trouble letting characters go.

I really enjoy the dynamic between Bruce and Selina on this show. Four seasons in, and it's interesting to see how they've rubbed off on each other. I think Bruce's influence on Selina is a big part of why she has the moral boundaries she does, and why she's more of an anti-hero than a villain. And Selina has taken Bruce out of his ivory tower and exposed to him to the larger world. Camren Bicondova has also come a long way as an actress; her line readings used to be incredibly wooden and poorly enunciated, and now she carries scenes.

I'm glad the Jim/Harvey relationship is back on track. The show fell into the trap of Harvey being Jim's loyal lapdog for a while, so their estrangement was needed development. As things stand now, it works much better because Jim doesn't hold all of the moral high ground anymore.

I bet they wish they hadn't introduced Renee Montoya in a way that didn't work back in the first season, played by Victoria Cartagena. Because then they could have given Kelcy Griffin's character, working much better, that name.

I figured Ra's al Ghul wasn't really dead. Alexander Siddig continues to be credited as a series regular, for one. But also, there was no way it going to stick that Bruce Wayne is a murderer. And they don't want to thin out Batman's established rogues gallery before he becomes Batman.

Catching up with the last two episodes, and I am struck by yet another actor playing Ivy. Is this the third actor in the role since the show started? Is that a record? FWIW, Peyton List is great. I’ve enjoyed her on the Flash and, especially, on Mad Men.
What's kind of funny is that List is like half a foot shorter than Maggie Geha was. So they keep talking about how she's sprouted into full bloom now, but she's actually shrunk.

My guess is that Ivy takes a dip in the Lazarus Pit when List wants to leave, or the show's a couple episodes from wrapping up, and transforms back into Clare Foley. It's the only way the timeline makes any sense.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Apparently FOX is trying to find a new actor to replace Clayne Crawford on "Lethal Weapon". If they are successful, that show will be renewed. If they're not, this show will be renewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks