What's new

Dukes of Hazzard fans...a nice surprise for the holiday season (1 Viewer)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dukes-Hazzard-Complete-Collection/23670

Just spotted this news on the TV DVD site and a nice surprise for that special or big fan for the holidays...cover art...

DukesOfHazzard_CompleteCollection.jpg

Out on November 14th...sweet!

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Nice set! I already have the series, but this is a great gift item. I have a nephew that loves the General Lee. Now we just need the set released in bluray.

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
I have sent them an email asking if they are sure that is the right photo. It looks exactly like the Canadian release from 2 years ago. I just can't see Warner Bros putting a huge confederate flag on that packaging in the US in today's PC culture. With all the recent issues of flags, monuments, ect, no way will that be in stores. Either the packaging will be different or the top will be covered. Or maybe it's an online exclusive.

I don't think Warner has any problem with making money off the Dukes any way they can, but they do not want the bad publicity of being tied in any way to some of the hysteria that's been going on.

Last edited:

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This proves that Dukes wasn't "unpersoned" by Warner Bros., like I thought it was.

Personally, I never thought it was. The sets were never withdrawn, just OOS because people thought they would be and panic bought. So hey, sales! And that brings us to a couple years down the line where it's time for a new release.

And the TV Land thing? That was just their way to drop yet another classic TV show for whatever the hell they air now.

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
Nice set! I already have the series, but this is a great gift item. I have a nephew that loves the General Lee. Now we just need the set released in bluray.

How old is your nephew? If this set is the same as the Canadian version, be aware that it contains the unrated versions of the 2 movies.

I am eagerly awaiting a Dukes hi-def release, whether it be blu-rays or digital downloads. They have had hi-def masters for a few years now, so I don't know what the hold up is.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
On the same day (November 14, 2017), the individual Dukes of Hazzard season sets are also being re-released.

Recently updated amazon info for these upcoming re-released seasons sets, where the disc counts are:

season 1 = 3 discs
season 2 = 5 discs
season 3 = 5 discs
season 4 = 6 discs
season 5 = 5 discs
season 6 = 5 discs
season 7 = 4 discs

If these disc counts are accurate, it may suggest they might be reauthored to have 4 or 5 episodes per single-sided disc. If this upcoming Dukes complete series sets consists of newly manufactured discs, then they might possibly have these newer versions.

Let's also hope they used newer hd transfers for these re-released season sets.

jeremy223

Agent
Real Name
jeremy
If these are new transfers, lets also hope we get unedited versions of Carnival of Thrills, 10 Million Dollar Sheriff, and Treasure of Hazzard. And please don't be cropped to 16:9.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
If these are new transfers, lets also hope we get unedited versions of Carnival of Thrills, 10 Million Dollar Sheriff, and Treasure of Hazzard. And please don't be cropped to 16:9.

(On an unrelated tangent, but related to dumb cropping and Warner flippers).

On the same day (November 14, 2017), the Kung-Fu season sets and complete series set are being re-released, where the disc counts are suggestive they might be reauthored as 4 episodes per single-sided disc. (The original versions of Kung-Fu were released as double-sided flipper discs).

IIRC, the original double-sided flipper discs version of Kung-Fu season 1 was done as a "fake widescreen" dumb cropping of the original 4:3 versions. (Many complaints on amazon about this). Lets hope this upcoming re-released 4-disc version of Kung-Fu season 1 is single-sided discs with the original 4:3 versions.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I have the Canadian box set (yes, I was one who panicked). I just gave away the remakes and replaced them with the tv movies and cartoon series. If these are one sided discs, I'll be upgrading since I have a few issues with the flippers.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas

Yes nice set - except for the theatrical adaptation + semi-sequel, which many fans will not want. And where are the TV movies that aired in '97 and '00??! Too bad, as it is a cool-looking box.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
That's one thing I noticed after my first post. I was thinking it was the two original cast made for TV movies. I wonder whose idea that was to include the modern films?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Probably someone who doesn't know and/ or doesn't care all that much about "The Dukes of Hazzard"?

Another pragmatic possibility is WarnerCanada having too much old dvd inventory of the modern Dukes films collecting dust in their warehouses, and seeing the 2015 complete series set as an easy way of dumping this old inventory.

(ie. Instead of sending the old inventory to the garbage dump).

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
As long as they don't include the two later movies in this set and just stick with the original adaptations of the show, then it's all good to go.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
As long as they don't include the two later movies in this set and just stick with the original adaptations of the show, then it's all good to go.

IF you mean the 2005 movie and 2007 direct-to-video prequel, looks like that's what we're indeed getting here, which -at the non-inclusion of the two original-cast TV movies - doesn't quite make sense (not that I'm surprised by much these days)..

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Guys, if that's the case, then to me, that collection would be awful an d worthless as the two movies I was talking about were the ones that starred the original cast members and not those two knockoff films that came thereafter. My apologies for not being clear on the movie front. I know you can get the two reunion films on a separate disc but those last two films with Jessica Simpson and whomever that other girl was in the other film were absolutely dreadful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks