What's new

Star Wars: Rebels: Season Four (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The final season starts on Monday, October 16 with a... nontraditional airing schedule. Most weeks will run two episodes and they will be on five times a day at 12:30 AM, 3:00 AM. 7:30 AM, 5:30 PM and 9:00 PM.

The way that reads to me is that if you're up late on Sunday night/Monday morning, you can see the new episode.

The episode titles and air dates copy and pasted from starwars.com:
  • Monday, 10/16 – “Heroes of Mandalore” Parts 1 & 2
  • Monday, 10/23 – “In the Name of the Rebellion” Parts 1 & 2
  • Monday, 10/30 – “The Occupation” and “Flight of the Defender”
  • Monday, 11/6 – “Kindred” and “Crawler Commandeers”
  • Monday, 11/13 – “Rebel Assault”
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-rebels-season-four-viewing-schedule

After that, the final six episodes will air in early 2018.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sigh....

I hate how the traditional model of TV watching is being demolished with no consideration for how well it works.

I love this show. As a fan of this show, I look forward to having a new episode on a weekly basis. I feel like I get the most enjoyment out of a show when I can enjoy one episode a week, rewatch it during the week if I liked it that much, and then have a new one to look forward to. I like when this goes on for a substantial number of weeks. Having shows to look forward to makes the time go by quicker, and makes the work week seem faster.

Dumping these all out in weird blocks that cut the number of weeks in half ultimately means that, for me, the show will be less fun to watch, because it will be over much faster. I would also prefer that the episodes were aired week to week, instead of in a five week block followed by a two month (or longer) break.

But I guess judging by my comments in the recent Emmy thread, I'm one of the very few who still feel this way. And ironically, I'm one of the younger guys here... I'm not 60 and wanting TV to be the way it always was. I'm 34 and feeling deprived that my parents and grandparents generation got to sit down every week for 2/3rds of each year and have a new episode of their favorite show waiting for them, and that I get to deal with less episodes produced and then seeing those episodes released in strange fashion that kills any momentum or experience of collective cultural viewing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sigh....

I hate how the traditional model of TV watching is being demolished with no consideration for how well it works.

I love this show. As a fan of this show, I look forward to having a new episode on a weekly basis. I feel like I get the most enjoyment out of a show when I can enjoy one episode a week, rewatch it during the week if I liked it that much, and then have a new one to look forward to. I like when this goes on for a substantial number of weeks. Having shows to look forward to makes the time go by quicker, and makes the work week seem faster.
I'm with you but at least two of those couplings are two parters so they most likely work as an hour long story. And just a guess but I'd bet that the last 6 episodes will all be on the same page in terms of story so back to back would work better that way.

But I guess judging by my comments in the recent Emmy thread, I'm one of the very few who still feel this way.
Is this me or you?
297.png

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Only 15 episodes? Last two years had 20 each.
Yeah, that's it. It's a bummer that there's less episodes but showrunner Dave Filoni said that he didn't want to be in the position that they were with The Clone Wars when they were basically cancelled and didn't get to finish the stories.

I'm hoping that one or two of those final six episodes features the battle of Scarif (as seen in Rogue One) from Hera's point of view. At least I'm assuming it's still Hera flying the Ghost in Rogue One.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
After one week, the show stops its insane schedule and is going to just be on at 9 PM on Monday. It will still be made available on VOD, digitally, etc. before it airs on Monday.

I'm not crazy for the Mandalorians like some fans but this week had a cool pair of episodes. Nothing spectacular but t was a nice- I assume- wrap up for Mandalore and the various storylines over the years with The Clone Wars and Rebels.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was a cool pair of episodes, but I do hope that's the last we see of Mandalore. The conflict there has been raging for a very long time. These episodes had some beautiful McQuarrie-inspired designs, which remains among the best things about the show. The bit of Ezra being goofy with the jetpack went on too long.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Just got caught up with a binge of the season, and thought it's been fantastic so far. Weirdly the opening episodes on Mandalore were the weakest of the bunch. The Saw G episodes and the stuff on Lothal has been fascinating. That the Death Star is powered by giant Kyber crystals was a big ahhhhha moment for me, I don't know if this is common knowledge by now, but it was new to me. Also the force wolves on Lothal mystery was intriguing to me as well.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Just got caught up with a binge of the season, and thought it's been fantastic so far. Weirdly the opening episodes on Mandalore were the weakest of the bunch. The Saw G episodes and the stuff on Lothal has been fascinating. That the Death Star is powered by giant Kyber crystals was a big ahhhhha moment for me, I don't know if this is common knowledge by now, but it was new to me. Also the force wolves on Lothal mystery was intriguing to me as well.

The Death Star powered by kyber crystals was a big point made during Rouge One.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What I thought was cool about the kyber crystal in the previous episodes was that it was gigantic which makes sense for use in the Death Star's primary weapon. The rest of the kyber crystals that you've seen have been very small.

This week's episode was fantastic. I expected them to liberate Lothal so I was surprised it ended on a cliffhanger.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I have no idea when the next episode airs, since it looks like it might be on a break, but I don’t know if I’ll ever see it. For some reason, this show is not flagged as new on my cable this season, so I’ve had to manually record every episode.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea when the next episode airs, since it looks like it might be on a break, but I don’t know if I’ll ever see it. For some reason, this show is not flagged as new on my cable this season, so I’ve had to manually record every episode.
On Rebels Recon (the quite good behind-the-scenes show on starwars.com), they said it would be back in "a few weeks". My guess is later in January but that's nothing more than a guess.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The second half of the season begins on Monday, February 19 at 9 PM. Like the first half of the season, there's two (or more) episodes a night so it's only on for three weeks.

February 19: episode 410- "Jedi Night" and 411- "Dume"
February 26: 412- "Wolves And A Door" and 413- "A World Between Worlds"
March 5: 414- "A Fool's Hope" and 415/416- "Family Reunion - And Farewell" (the first episode starts at 8:30 that night since the finale is an hour)

The story from starwars.com:
http://www.starwars.com/news/the-final-episodes-of-star-wars-rebels-begin-february-19-on-disney-xd

and the trailer:
http://www.starwars.com/video/star-wars-rebels-mid-season-4-trailer-official

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks