What's new

Love That Bob (1 Viewer)

Tom.W

Second Unit
Pleasant surprise. Just noticed that several episodes of Love That Bob will air on Decades on the afternoon of Oct. 3 and early morning of Oct 4. Critics Choice did release a few volumes of the show several years ago. Hope it'll find it's way onto the Me-Tv schedule at some point, like as happened with Our Miss Brooks.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
A great show, but unfortunately like other deserving shows, relegated to collect dust on the shelf.
John Ritter once said that Bob Cummings was his comedic inspiration for Three's Company.

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Pleasant surprise. Just noticed that several episodes of Love That Bob will air on Decades on the afternoon of Oct. 3 and early morning of Oct 4. Critics Choice did release a few volumes of the show several years ago. Hope it'll find it's way onto the Me-Tv schedule at some point, like as happened with Our Miss Brooks.
... and "I Married Joan" is airing the next day on Decades.

Tom.W

Second Unit
and Life with Elizabeth on Monday that week. Looks like Decades may be doing a thematic month for each decade this time for sitcoms. Similar to what they did with dramas some time back.

Just checked the schedule for October. Not quite what I thought, but very interesting. Anyone seen the George Burns Show (not Burns and Allen)?

Last edited:

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
It's a such a shame that this show is in such a copyright quagmire, it's really a minor classic, thankfully I was able to pick up the near complete series last month in good condition from a friends personal collection, but it would still be nice to see it complete and pristine.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
It's a such a shame that this show is in such a copyright quagmire, it's really a minor classic, thankfully I was able to pick up the near complete series last month in good condition from a friends personal collection, but it would still be nice to see it complete and pristine.

Glad you were able to get it in some fashion!

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John

howard1908,

Do you have the details on the copyright quagmire this show is bogged down with ?
It is indeed a 50's television classic that deserves to see the light of day on DVD.

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
howard1908,

Do you have the details on the copyright quagmire this show is bogged down with ?
It is indeed a 50's television classic that deserves to see the light of day on DVD.

From what I've read A lot of it has to with the fact that the good chunk of the episodes are public domain, but it's not quite clear how many or which ones, thankfully a friend of mine who is a dealer in classic tv recorded the entire series, sans a few episodes, when they aired on kxtx back in late 80s.

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
howard1908,

Even if there are a lot of PD episodes out there, it shouldn't stop a legitimate release if the prints are of better quality. The show was owned at one time by George Burns' company McCadden now owned by Sony. Can't believe that these episodes did not have renewed copyrights..

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I recorded a lot of episodes when it aired on CBN cable years ago. CBN never carried a lot of the episodes that have turned up on the PD tapes and discs. They always aired it up through Season 4's episode #32, "Grandpa's Old Buddy". From there, CBN always went back to the first episode. Their package eliminated the last 6 Season 4 entries and all of Season 5.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I recorded a lot of episodes when it aired on CBN cable years ago. CBN never carried a lot of the episodes that have turned up on the PD tapes and discs. They always aired it up through Season 4's episode #32, "Grandpa's Old Buddy". From there, CBN always went back to the first episode. Their package eliminated the last 6 Season 4 entries and all of Season 5.

Why would CBN only go that far in the run, and then go back?

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Maybe that run was all that was offered them by the distributor.
I always found it amusing that a Christian station like CBN, would carry the adventures of a playboy photographer like Bob Collins. There were a few risque references scattered throughout that show.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Maybe that run was all that was offered them by the distributor.
I always found it amusing that a Christian station like CBN, would carry the adventures of a playboy photographer like Bob Collins. There were a few risque references scattered throughout that show.

Good points (quite ironic, too)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks