HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Title: Isle of Dogs (2018)

Tagline: Welcome to the Isle of Dogs.

Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Animation

Director: Wes Anderson

Cast: Bryan Cranston, Koyu Rankin, Edward Norton, Bob Balaban, Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, Kunichi Nomura, Akira Takayama, Greta Gerwig, Ken Watanabe, Frances McDormand, Fisher Stevens, Nijiro Murakami, Harvey Keitel, Liev Schreiber, Scarlett Johansson, Tilda Swinton, Akira Ito, F. Murray Abraham, Courtney B. Vance, Yoko Ono, Mari Natsuki, Yojiro Noda, Frank Wood, Roman Coppola, Anjelica Huston, Kara Hayward, Satoshi Yamazaki, Gen Ueda, Ryuhei Matsuda, Jun Takahashi, Edward Bursch, Luli Shioi, Erica Dorn, Chinami Narikawa, Chris Benz, Alex Orman, J. Wurster, Jake Ryan, Takayuki Yamada, Kozue Akimoto, Shota Matsuda, Kiyotaka Mizukoshi, Elaiza Ikeda, Ryuhei Nakadai, Shin Mononobe, Ikunosuke, Taichi Kodama, Karin Okoso

Release: 2018-03-23

Runtime: 101

Plot: In the future, an outbreak of canine flu leads the mayor of a Japanese city to banish all dogs to an island that's a garbage dump. The outcasts must soon embark on an epic journey when a 12-year-old boy arrives on the island to find his beloved pet.

So in!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That looks fun. I'm in if it comes here, but it seems very niche -- not that that is a problem, but I wonder how wide they'll be able to push it, and I certainly do not live in a priority market, so it would have to be reasonably wide to get here.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Definitely will be seeing this at the theatre, one easy or another. He is a director that treats his animated film making exactly like his live action films. You can see from the clip that he does not see animated film making as a lesser film media unlike a lot of people in the film industry. I like to support people like that in the hope they will continue to turn out unique and smart animated films.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Back in September, I said...

I certainly do not live in a priority market, so it would have to be reasonably wide to get here.

I still don't live in a priority market -- but I'm certainly going to one.

Since I will be visiting in the area that weekend, I just got tickets to see this on the historic Cinerama Dome in Hollywood on its opening night of March 23. (Well, technically they'll have Thursday previews on March 22, so I guess it's really the second night, but you all know what I mean.)

It only cost $70 for four of us. :eek:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's "coming soon" at the local independent theater, but it'll be at least a couple weeks as they're currently having a film festival, and have two other titles scheduled after that. It's not playing at any of the major theaters.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
It's playing in a couple of theatres here in Toronto in the downtown area, and a handful of theatres in the GTA (greater Toronto area).

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
I have read that it is not going to get a wide release, only 27 American theaters. Not sure why. The trailer has been running in theaters here for at least six months.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have read that it is not going to get a wide release, only 27 American theaters. Not sure why. The trailer has been running in theaters here for at least six months.

That story has been updated. The film is being released in 27 theaters in America initially but Fox Searchlight stated a wider release to 1500 theaters in 100 markets is going to occur in the coming weeks. Of course, that may change if Fox Searchlight gets cold feet from listening to the whining coming from the cultural appropriation warriors.

Wes Anderson got it wrong. It wasn't dogs that should have been sent to trash island. It is all of the self-appointed guardians of a culture that should be rounded up and dropped there before they make it impossible for anyone to make a film, book or story using aspects of a culture that they do not belong to.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks