What's new

UHD Lionsgate Subtitle Issue (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Anyone else annoyed that on the latest batch of Lionsgate 4K UHD releases that the subtitle track defaults to English when first loading the disc?

The Cabin in the Woods
RED
RED 2

And now Warm Bodies,which streets on 10/3 (I received my review copy yesterday), has that same issue.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Normally the subtitles default to OFF. I had to pop back to the menu and turn them off for Cabin in the Woods. I thought it was a fluke, but evidently others have experienced the same issue.
Okay, I guess it's not a problem for me because I always watch my discs with the subtitles activated.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
That's why I started this thread. I also pinged my PR contact at Lionsgate, and she's going to run it up the flagpole to see if anyone responds/acknowledges.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have the Sony UBP-X800.
I just popped in The Cabin in the Woods into my Oppo 203 and I didn't have the issue you're experiencing with your Sony player. No defaulting with English subtitles. For some reason I did miss this disc has Dolby Vision.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Scott, speaking of the Sony UBP-X800, have you had any lockup issues?

Todd, no I have not experienced any lockup issues. I am on my 2nd player, though. Sony replaced the first one under warranty when it would no longer read any UHD discs. It would still read BDs, DVDs, etc, but failed with every UHD title I owned. I've had the new player a couple of months now and have not experienced any issues. I do not use it much for streaming, though -- mainly for UHDs and BDs, with the occasional DVD. I will stream some stuff from Amazon if it's not 4K material -- anything 4K + HDR requires my Roku Ultra to take advantage of those formats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks