What's new

BBC's Sherlock: The Complete Series Coming 10/31/17 (1 Viewer)

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I hope this set includes the seven-minute Sherlock mini-episode over the 2013 Christmas period entitled "Many Happy Returns" that has not been released on home video.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I hope this set includes the seven-minute Sherlock mini-episode over the 2013 Christmas period entitled "Many Happy Returns" that has not been released on home video.

Doubt it.

It'll probably just be the same old discs repackaged.

And if by some freak accident it is included, I'll certainly be pissed, because 7 minutes isn't worth rebuying the entire series over when it should have been on season 3 in the first place.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I really wasn't expecting any more episodes. Cumberbatch in particular has such a blazing film and TV career going now that it'd be impossible for him to find time to film another three-episode series anyway. Besides, in the last set, while he didn't quash any hope of another series, he said he thought it ended properly and could stand as a finale episode.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Doubt it.

It'll probably just be the same old discs repackaged.

And if by some freak accident it is included, I'll certainly be pissed, because 7 minutes isn't worth rebuying the entire series over when it should have been on season 3 in the first place.

Robert:

It definitely should have been included with the season 3 release.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I already got the UK version of this set a couple of weeks ago. It's basically a repackaging of the individual sets. Many Happy Returns isn't on it. That is only available on the bonus disc in the series 3 special edition.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I already got the UK version of this set a couple of weeks ago. It's basically a repackaging of the individual sets. Many Happy Returns isn't on it. That is only available on the bonus disc in the series 3 special edition.

Stephen:

Thank you for the information on Many Happy Returns.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Many Happy Returns isn't on it. That is only available on the bonus disc in the series 3 special edition.

For those of you who might not be aware, besides being 1080i/50, the UK Series 3 Special Edition is also Region B locked, as are most of the UK Sherlock blu-rays (apart from series 1 and 2, I think, which are A/B).

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
For those of you who might not be aware, besides being 1080i/50, the UK Series 3 Special Edition is also Region B locked, as are most of the UK Sherlock blu-rays (apart from series 1 and 2, I think, which are A/B).

Andy:

Thank you for the additional information.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen

The series 1 set I got a long time ago was region A/B, but the logos at the beginning of the disc were PAL apparently, so the whole disc wouldn't play on my machine. I've since replaced it with a multi region player that can play everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks