What's new

Pairing soundbar w/older sub wirelessly? (1 Viewer)

TerriersDad

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
Ok, first post here, and I know almost nothing about wireless technologies. I've been trying to read up and learn what I can, but at times I run into issues where I must be misunderstanding some of the particulars regarding wireless tech. I had a decent theater system up until 2010 but nothing wireless and I've been out of the game since then. (long story) I now live in a smaller house and have two subs left from the old system and would like to incorporate one of them into a soundbar setup in my living room. (I just paired one of the subs with Edifier R2000DB's I bought for my computer) I've been researching soundbars and have kinda settled on (although haven't committed to) the Samsung MS650 https://www.digitaltrends.com/sound-bar-reviews/samsung-hwms650-za-review/. I would like to know my options for wirelessly connecting my other sub to the soundbar. I've seen there are subwoofer transmitter/receiver kits available but I'm wondering if there's a way for me to utilize the wifi capability of the Samsung by just having a wifi receiver for the sub that would get a signal from the Samsung soundbar? Or am I misunderstanding the wifi capability in the soundbar? Maybe it receives only?

Another question I have.... On the sub trans/receiver kits... How do ya utilize the subs crossover? Or would the soundbar just run at full range (no high pass cross) and the sub do it's own thing to enhance the bottom end.

It looks like the soundbar has a wireless out (USB?) as well as an HDMI out. Could I somehow utilize one of those for my sub??
samsung-sound-soundbar-inputs2-1200x9999.jpg

I hope my questions make sense. I've been out of the a/v game for over 6 years (and I wasn't very knowledgable back then either) and I'm just now trying to get some things going again and learn about the latest tech. I just bought a 60" sony tv and the sound quality is horrible/intolerable as you all already know. I'd just like to get something decent with minimal spending at this point.

Thank you, Brian

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You didn’t clarify whether or not the second sub is bluetooth. If it is, bluetooth is a universal standard, so there’s no reason to believe your sub won’t work with the Samsung.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

TerriersDad

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
You didn’t clarify whether or not the second sub is bluetooth. If it is, bluetooth is a universal standard, so there’s no reason to believe your sub won’t work with the Samsung.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Neither sub is bluetooth. Sub I'm looking to use with this soundbar is an Axiom EP500. Maybe this is something that I could consider? Would something like this work for what I'm trying to do? https://www.svsound.com/products/dayton-audio-wave-link

TerriersDad

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I'm being told that USB is an input only, so I don't think it's my best bet. I'm just trying to figure this out. I don't know much about wireless tech, but I'm learning as I go. Thanks for any other help anyone might offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks