What's new

Opinions - Def tech Pro Sub 800 or Klipsch RSW 12 (1 Viewer)

Gil934

Auditioning
Real Name
Gilbert Ramirez
I'm new here. I have a budget setup in my garage. Yamaha receiver, Klipsch quintet, was using a cheap Sony $160 sub which filled out the low somewhat but I want something with a little more punch for $400 or less. I picked up an open box Def Tech Pro Sub 800 for $360 And I have to say I'm impressed for the size. They have the Klipsch RSW 12 for sale for $350. I'm guessing there's no way an 8" can outperform a 12". Anyone here have any feedback/experience with both of these? Thanks in advance.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Here's the thing, you've got sunk costs that have filled a gap in your setup and you are happy with. That $350 could be way better spent buying other components or media. Don't second guess yourself, you can upgrade the whole system down the line if you need to, but get the whole thing up and running before you upgrade anything,

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm guessing there's no way an 8" can outperform a 12".
It's not just driver size that you need to factor into the equation, it's also excursion of the driver. Bass is about moving air and you can move it via a large cone or a small cone moving back and forth over a greater distance.

Def Tech is known for squeezing the last ounce of performance from their small driver subs. I'd pick it over Klipsch even though I'm originally from Arkansas and been a Klipsch fan since the 80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks