What's new

Summer of '42 (1971)- coming from WAC 11/7/2017 (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
November release:

71Atk9jrZQL._SX522_.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
NEW 2017 1080p HD MASTER!
SUMMER OF ‘42 (1971)
Run Time 104:00
DTS HD-Master Audio MONO; English SDH
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 1.78:1, 16 X 9 WIDESCREEN
COLOR
BD 50
Special Feature: Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Written by Herman Raucher, Summer of ’42 is one of the screen’s most haunting romances. A nation is caught up in a war that will forever change it. At a New England beach colony, 15-year-old Hermie (Gary Grimes) is caught up in a passion that will forever change him: He’s infatuated with 22-year-old Dorothy (Jennifer O’Neill), whose soldier husband is away at war. Director Robert Mulligan (To Kill a Mockingbird) keeps a sharp eye on period detail and the comic potential of growing up, keenly observed in the work of Grimes, Jerry Houser and Oliver Conant as a “terrible trio” of fast friends. An Academy Award® winner* for Michel Legrand’s score, Summer of ’42 is the stuff of the fondest movie memories.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I think Robert Mulligan remains an incredibly unrated director, even though he has directed several very prestigious films. THE SUMMER OF '42 is a thoughtful and London fog-thick nostalgic film that I caught during my weekly forays to the local cinema in 1971, and I remember liking Ms. O'Neill (who had lived nearby me before I moved north from Westchester, NY), the Michel Legrand score, which I immediately purchased, and the gauzy but pretty photography. Seeing it later on t.v. (missing several minutes, I am sure) made me wonder what I saw in it at the time, but I will go for this Blu, because it will almost certainly remind me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks