What's new

WAC Releasing Auntie Mame onto Blu-ray 12-05-17! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
NEW 2017 1080p HD MASTER!
AUNTIE MAME (1958)
Run Time 143:00
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English; English SDH
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.35:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
COLOR
BD 50
Special Features:
Music-Only Audio Track
Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)
Mame (1974) Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Ten-year-old orphan Patrick Dennis has come to live with his nearest relative, and in the high times ahead, he’s not going to believe his luck. Nor will you, because Patrick’s relation is played by one of Hollywood’s grandest dames. Reprising her Broadway triumph, Rosalind Russell received her fourth Oscar® nomination and third Golden Globe Award as the marvelous madcap woman who lives life to the hilt.

Auntie Mame brings to bubbly life the mayhem Mame and her cronies create while guiding Patrick’s fortunes. “Life is a banquet,” Mame says, “and most poor suckers are starving to death!” With wit, style and a seasoned cast to dish humor and heart with gusto, Auntie Mame is a full-course meal of entertainment magic.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Who can refuse the work Harry Stradling;
especially when all is restored to its proper light?
Thank you, WAC.:)

Last edited:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Haha! Maybe we should merge this with the Dr. Doolittle thread because we were talking about the Lucy one so much there. I've actually never seen the Rosalind Russell one.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Russell is just fine, but that kid is stiff and annoying -- I can't watch this again because of that horrible performance.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Another terrific announcement! We are living in high times right now. I couldn't be happier!
Well, actually you could; as "Up The Down Staircase" and "The Days of Wine and Roses" and "Mister Roberts and...well...never mind.
As the wicked witch had once said, "All in good time, my pretties, all in good time".:cool:

P.S. "Auntie Mame" will be a Day One purchase for me, too.:)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Not even Angela Lansbury?

Unfortunately, Lansbury (like Julie Andrews and My Fair Lady) was not given the opportunity to recreate her Mame for posterity in the film version. I stand to be corrected but there has never been a filmed record (unlike her Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd) of her Mame so her performance is only in the memory of those lucky enough to see her stage performance. That being said, the film version of the musical Mame was mediocre at best. Yes, Ball is part of the problem but just part of it. If Lansbury had done the film version it would be better but it would still be a mediocre movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks