What's new

Wireless Speaker Realiability (1 Viewer)

Vince Antrim

Agent
Hello all! Long time reader, not 1st time poster, but it's been years. TL;DR version. Spent 4 years travelling for work. Took a new job locally and moved back home. Wife and I can't re-cohabitate so she's moved out temporarily. Re-setting up some of my surround sound.

H/K AVR 325. Non-HDMI inputs. Works fine. I bought the Rocketfish wireless transmitter for my subwoofer, and dang it, it works great. I want to do the same for the rears, so I don't have to run/hide wires like I did before when everything was set up. I've read that the wireless can mess with Wifi, but I've not noticed a drop with the sub.

Are these worth it? Will they provide a good, decent consistent sound to the rears? Eventually wanting to upgrade the whole system, and do things/run wires better. I do construction management, so I have the ability to do it, but, not knowing what is happening in my personal life keeps things to a minimum right now.

Thanks in advance for the replies and let me know if any other information is required!

Vince

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I had one of the Rocketfish wireless surround transmitters. It worked great for the first year, then would have intermittent handshake issues (of course, shortly after the warranty expired, and Best Buy does not sell extended warranty on this particular product).

After moving to a new older home, I temporarily installed it in my "cave" until we can clear out some of the bulkier furniture left over from my mother-in-law, and am now experiencing odd intermittent distortion issues. I plan on yanking it out and sending it to the garbage dump ASAP.

It's not a bad device, and for that first year or so, it worked great. But nothing beats a wired connection.

Vince Antrim

Agent
Thanks! I'm going to mess with a better way to run hard wire this weekend so I can get them back up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks