What's new

International The Hitcher (Rutger Hauer) (1 Viewer)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
We have seen so many films released on the Blu Ray format, some have been very obscure, some have been classics, it bothers me that a fantastic film like The Hitcher has never seen the light of day on Blu Ray, is there a rights issue over this movie, there has to be some reason and I tried Googling it but came up with nothing.

Who owns the rights to it these days, I would have thought this title perfect for a smaller label like Arrow, or Shout, even Twilight Time, someone must surely want to release it.

The film is not even showing on television here in the UK which I find strange, they show the remake every so often, there must be something going on that prevents it’s release.

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
We have seen so many films released on the Blu Ray format, some have been very obscure, some have been classics, it bothers me that a fantastic film like The Hitcher has never seen the light of day on Blu Ray, is there a rights issue over this movie, there has to be some reason and I tried Googling it but came up with nothing.

Who owns the rights to it these days, I would have thought this title perfect for a smaller label like Arrow, or Shout, even Twilight Time, someone must surely want to release it.

The film is not even showing on television here in the UK which I find strange, they show the remake every so often, there must be something going on that prevents it’s release.

I have always heard that it is owned by HBO, which doesn't seem interested in releasing their old stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks