What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Emotionally complex and filled with a soulful resonance that’s often missing from other action franchises, War for the Planet of the Apes brings the Apes trilogy to a fitting and satisfying end.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production:

Video:
3D Rating:

Audio:

Special Features:

Overall:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I haven't watch one of these trilogy's yet. However, I have this 4K/UHD release on pre-order and have the other two titles in 4K/UHD too. One of my 2017 personal goals in regard to my disc viewing is to watch all three films in 4K/UHD before the end of the year. I expect to do so before December.

Thank you for your review as I'm looking forward to dedicating one weekend to watch all three films.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
All three are excellent Robert, but War is the best of the trilogy IMO. You'll enjoy them all I'd wager!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil,

TBH, I've been hesitant to watch these films because I wasn't thrilled to see films in which man is overcome by primates.

I can appreciate that!

I loved how the first film sets it all up - and it’s not exactly what I originally thought it was going to be. And I think you’ll find human characters that inspire, and you’ll be captivated by the “humanity” in the Caesar character. At least, that’s what marks these films in my mind as something genuinely special to me.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Was the third one converted to 3D for theaters? I know the second one was but I didn't know the third one had 3D showings.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It appears Fox didn't sent a 3-D disc to review which means they're basically giving up that format.

Correct - they didn't even offer us the option to request it! :ph34r:

I watched the 4K yesterday and liked the movie more the 2nd time. Thought it was a bit of a snoozer the first time, but appreciated it more on 2nd viewing...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I didn't listen to the entire commentary (it's a long film and I wanted to get the review up as soon as I could). I skipped around to my favorite scenes and listened in a hit and miss fashion. I must have "missed" the place where that was talked about.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I didn't listen to the entire commentary (it's a long film and I wanted to get the review up as soon as I could). I skipped around to my favorite scenes and listened in a hit and miss fashion. I must have "missed" the place where that was talked about.

CHEATER!!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks