What's new

The Mississippi (Ralph Waite) (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I don't remember this one. Watching another program of that vintage, I saw a commercial for it. Who owns it? Looks like only 23 episodes were made. Anyone remember it?

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
While not quite as folksy as Matlock, Waite traveled up and down the Mississippi in a paddle boat with his 2 assistants and mainly focused on murder cases. Originally a 1983 "spring tryout" on CBS, it earned a place on the fall schedule and lasted the season in the Tuesday 8:00 PM slot (against the final season of Happy Days on ABC). It was produced by Ralph Waite Productions and Hajeno Productions in association with Warner Brothers Television.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
While not quite as folksy as Matlock, Waite traveled up and down the Mississippi in a paddle boat with his 2 assistants and mainly focused on murder cases. Originally a 1983 "spring tryout" on CBS, it earned a place on the fall schedule and lasted the season in the Tuesday 8:00 PM slot (against the final season of Happy Days on ABC). It was produced by Ralph Waite Productions and Hajeno Productions in association with Warner Brothers Television.
So I'd guess it would be a Warner Archive project if it were released.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
They (WAC) don't seem to reply to questions much anymore, at least they haven't given any on this show yet. I'd really like to see it released too, you'd think it'd do well with Waltons fans as well. There's a 1982 pilot also.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
They (WAC) don't seem to reply to questions much anymore, at least they haven't given any on this show yet. I'd really like to see it released too, you'd think it'd do well with Waltons fans as well. There's a 1982 pilot also.
I vaguely remember it. My parents controlled the TV during that era other than Friday night (I got The Incredible Hulk, Dukes of Hazzard, and was even a fan of Dallas), and Saturday mornings. I'm guessing they didn't watch it, or if they did, I don't remember it. It looks like something I'd love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks