What's new

Sony STR-DH520 Power Issue? (1 Viewer)

gibbywmu

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Hello,

I've got an STRDH520 receiver. Works pretty well, except lately I've been experiencing an odd issue. At night, I turn off my receiver. The next morning when I want to watch tv, I turn on the receiver (I have HDMI for Amazon Fire TV, HTPC, and Gaming Console - with 1 HDMI going back to tv). For some reason, my receiver hasn't been powering on in the morning, whether I push the button on the remote, or the button on the receiver itself. I physically have to "unplug" the receiver, and plug it back in, in order for it to work. Not much info online, I only see issues with the "Protect" Mode, which I don't have. Anyone ever heard of this before? I have no firmware to update on this thing, so no idea how to fix it.

Notes - Receiver is plugged into a surge protector, which all my other devices are plugged in to, and the other devices aren't experiencing this issue. I really don't think its a surge protector issue itself............unless by chance its just the one slot in the surge protector where the receiver is plugged in to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks