What's new

Netflix Series - Stranger Things 2 - Oct 27 2017 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
First series thread

StrangerThings_S02_005.jpg

5 days!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
They said Netflix will have an after show for season 2.
They warn not to watch it until you watch the entire season 2.

I'm starting season 2 right at midnight.
Season 1 should also start tonight in Dolby Vision.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
If my insomnia holds up for another night, I might start the binge at midnight as well. If I’m lucky enough to sleep tonight, I’ll be watching it with my wife over the weekend.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Watched the first episode
"MADMAX"
Good episode.
Looks good in Dolby Vision.
I really don't want to start saying stuff until it looks like people are in full discussion and have watched all of season 2.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Very good opening episode. So glad to have this show back. Excellent 80s small town Halloween atmosphere, too, and, no surprise, lots of great music. Going to try and not go too crazy on the binging, want to savor this show.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
In episode 2 "Trick or Treat, Freak"
Was Nancy and her boyfriend dressed up as
Tom Cruise and Rebecca DeMorney in Risky Business
?

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Yeah, I need to get off the snide and start watching this series instead of those new mediocre network series I've been watching over the last month or so.

I know when people harp on and on about something, it's easy to be skeptical and not want to jump on the bandwagon. But sometimes the bandwagon is worth jumping on. I guess I was lucky because I just happened upon season one when it was first released without any real fanfare, before any hype.

IMO, this show really delivers the goods. Yes, it wears its genre roots on its sleeve, but it blends them all together in a really fresh, fun way, and it has an uncanny feel for the early 80s.

And yes, agreed on the mediocre network shows you mention.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Good on you, John! I have to wait another hour or so, till my little boy goes to bed...then will dive into episodes 2 and 3 (and maybe 4) later tonight...

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Watched one episode. A little hard to follow since I had forgotten what happened at the end of season 1.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the first episode. It's a joy to be back in this world again. Even though nearly a year has passed storywise, it feels like we're picking up right where we left off, with one big exception.

My impression was that this season has a much bigger music budget than last season. But then I looked back at the music featured in the first season, and I realized they spent a lot on music then, too. I think the big difference is that we're a year further into the eighties now, so the music sounds more uniformly eighties than the music in the first season.

If they'd slotted Max in as the new girl of the group, I think would have resented her taking Eleven's place. But by making her a mystery heretofore observed from afar, and triggering adolescent stirrings in Dustin and Lucas, she isn't a replacement for Eleven. She's something new, that affects the group dynamic in a different way. And that's interesting.

The sheriff and Eleven have a nice little domestic scene going on in that creepy cabin in the middle of the woods. It'll be interesting to piece together how she got from being zapped out of existence to here.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Yes, if anything, the show looks even better than in season one. From the direction, shot set-ups, sets and art direction - it just looks beautiful, with really well-thought-out use of color. I got a real hit of nostalgia watching the first couple of episodes especially, with their focus on a typical 80s small town Halloween.

Have watched the first four episodes and am really loving it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks