What's new

International Has anyone checked out KING'S ROW from Spain? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
How do you know this?
I don't know, it's very risky with these Spain releases and I see they have the aspect rating at 1.78. For me personally, I refuse to take a chance on any Spain Blu-ray releases as bootlegs are prevalent over there.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I don't know, it's very risky with these Spain releases and I see they have the aspect rating at 1.78. For me personally, I refuse to take a chance on any Spain Blu-ray releases as bootlegs are prevalent over there.

That's my approach too.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
The BD Of Ryans Daughter is from Spain and that is a Bootleg I think.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
It appears that every Spain Blu release of a Warner title has been eventually proven to be a bootleg. My thought is if these were legit, and Warner’s was licenencing titles out in Spain, then they would do that in other countries. It’s funny that Spain is the only country these titles are released in.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It appears that every Spain Blu release of a Warner title has been eventually proven to be a bootleg. My thought is if these were legit, and Warner’s was licenencing titles out in Spain, then they would do that in other countries. It’s funny that Spain is the only country these titles are released in.

Nothing funny about the fact that major Internet retailers like Amazon sell these bootleg products without any scruples at all.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
The Wrong Man.......The Big Sleep and all other Warner Archive BD's released in Spain are legitimate releases licenced out to Spain by Warners..........the UK has released only a couple or so of these Warner Archive releases thru HMV retail shop.......

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
And those were Blu rays that were released in the US also so there is some validity to that. However, it’s the titles that don’t have a US release that are questionable.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Wrong Man.......The Big Sleep and all other Warner Archive BD's released in Spain are legitimate releases licenced out to Spain by Warners..........the UK has released only a couple or so of these Warner Archive releases thru HMV retail shop.......
True, but King's Row hasn't been released on Blu-ray by WA anywhere, thus, I think this release is a bootleg.

Last edited:

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
True, but King's Row hasn't been released on Blu-ray by WA anywhere, thus, I think this release is a bootleg.
I was stupid enough to buy it some time ago........it is a Bootleg and is poor in every department..........the DVD is excellent when comparing the two................but Spain has so many bootlegs it is difficult to know what is legitimate ...........

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Many thanks to all who responded. I will not order this, much as I would like to own the film on Blu.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Think about it. Does it make sense that Warners would release a blu ray in a foreign country without releasing it in the U.S.? I think not.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Manufactured by "New Line Films", no WB logo on the back insert, the style of the presentation almost identical to that used by Resen...certainly a boot. Check it out on the Amazon Spain site. Still, can't help but dream that WB would cut a deal with Spain or Germany or whomever to release a few of the massive motherload of classic films they will probably never get around to releasing here in HD.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Think about it. Does it make sense that Warners would release a blu ray in a foreign country without releasing it in the U.S.? I think not.

There's no shortage of major studio titles that have been released in Europe that have yet to see the light of day in the US.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Nothing funny about the fact that major Internet retailers like Amazon sell these bootleg products without any scruples at all.

Amazon has been notified in the past, that they are a purveyor of bootlegs. They have chosen to do nothing about it.

I've spoken with their reps, and they couldn't care less.

RAH

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
There's no shortage of major studio titles that have been released in Europe that have yet to see the light of day in the US.

Nobody said there wasn't. But I stand behind my original statement since I was specifically talking about WARNERS which guards their film library like a hawk! If you know of any Warners titles that have legitimately been released in Europe without a U.S. counterpart, I'd be most curious. This excludes, of course, RKO titles since as I understand it Warners only has North American rights to the RKO library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks