What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time February 2018 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these February Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!

Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.

SafariScreenSnapz001.png

MANHATTAN MURDER MYSTERY (1993) BLU-RAY - February 20th

HARRY AND WALTER GO TO NEW YORK (1976) BLU-RAY - February 20th

THE INCIDENT (1967) BLU-RAY - February 20th

THE EFFECT OF GAMMA RAYS ON MAN-IN-THE-MOON MARIGOLDS (1972) BLU-RAY - February 20th

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Harry & Walter go to New York is something I haven't seen in ages. Another solid line-up.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Only The Incident for me in this batch but frankly I'm grateful. I can use the respite to catch up on TT titles I still haven't got around to buying. I have Manhattan Murder Mystery and Harry And Walter Go To New York on DVD and I'm content with that. Didn't care for Man In The Moon Marigolds at all and I'm a big Joanne Woodward fan too.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
I'm in for all four. I love having the schedule consisting of vintage Fox and Sony titles from now on.

Last edited:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks, TT! This is what I like about you guys. MMM is the only title I'm familiar with but Incident & Harry and Walter look like very appealing blind buys.

cityscope

Auditioning
Real Name
David
I'll chime in briefly with an (all-too-rare for me) post exalting "Harry and Walter Go to New York",
a terrific underappreciated caper film that I never, ever dreamed I would see on Blu-ray.
(and before other personal favorite and better-known films like "My Favorite Year" and "Ragtime", no less).

Harry and Walter features James Caan and Elliot Gould at their best, an incredible supporting cast (Michael Caine, Diane Keaton, Charles Durning, Leslie Ann Warren, Burt Young, Carol Kane, Jack Gilford, Michael Conrad, etc.), and some fun terrific period music by David Shire. Yes, it's a second-rate "The Sting", and an obvious attempt to follow up on that movie's runaway success a year or two before, but that's the worst thing you can say about it.
I last saw it when it came out on a halfway-decent DVD I believe around 2001 or so, and thought it held up. I urge anyone getting any other films from this list, and who enjoy comedy-heist films, to consider edging this one closer to the blind-buy side of things... always felt this one was due for a reappraisal.
THANK you Twilight Time!

Count me in for "Harry and Walter" and the Woody (one of HIS more underrated).
If others are extolling the virtues of Incident and Gamma Rays, this may be only the second time in history where I have to buy all of the TT releases that month.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
YES! "Manhattan Murder Mystery" is one of his best pure comedies. I remember seeing it first run back in '93, but the film cans hadn't arrived to the theater yet, so people had to wait about half-an-hour for UPS to drop them off. We were all standing in the lobby and the wheeled them off the truck. First and only time for me to witness that.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Good month for me to catch up on previous releases! The Incident sounds interesting but the other titles don't do much for me, especially another Allen film. Great day for his fans though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks