SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: Incredibles 2 (2018)

Tagline: Back to work.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Animation, Family

Director: Brad Bird

Cast: Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Sarah Vowell, Eli Fucile, Nicholas Bird, Samuel L. Jackson, Bob Odenkirk, Catherine Keener, Brad Bird, Jonathan Banks, Michael Bird, Sophia Bush, Phil LaMarr, Paul Eiding, Isabella Rossellini, John Ratzenberger, Bill Wise, Barry Bostwick, Jere Burns, Adam Rodríguez, Kimberly Adair Clark, Usher, Adam Gates, LaTanya Richardson Jackson, Debi Derryberry, Fred Tatasciore, Alyson Stoner, Michael B. Johnson, Stephen Apostolina, Robin Atkin Downes, Steve Blum, Cathy Cavadini, June Christopher, Robert Clotworthy, David Cowgill, Wendy Cutler, Rebecca Davis, Terri Douglas, Dave Fennoy, Eddie Frierson, Jennifer Crystal Foley, Jean Gilpin, Jackie Gonneau, Karen Huie, Andrew Kishino, Patricia Lentz, Marcella Lentz-Pope, A.J. LoCascio, Yuri Lowenthal, Scott Menville, Piotr Michael, Melanie Minichino, Max Mittelman, Paul Pape, Paula Tiso, Scott Whyte, Wally Wingert, Matthew Wood, Joe Zieja, Huck Milner

Release: 2018-06-14

Runtime: 126

Plot: Elastigirl springs into action to save the day, while Mr. Incredible faces his greatest challenge yet – taking care of the problems of his three children.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Fun teaser. Kind of bummed that they're not doing a time jump, though. One of the things I liked about the Toy Story movies is that they allowed the characters to age, even though they were animated. If they ever do an Incredibles 3, I'd like to see Violet about to graduate high school, Dash starting high school, and Jack-Jack in elementary school.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Cool teaser, but I'm a little confused as to how they didn't realize that Jack-Jack has powers in the end of the film when he set himself on fire while being kidnapped by Syndrome. Did they just not see that, or what?

I guess this happened while Syndrome and Jack-Jack were in the air, while the other Incredibles were on the ground...but still....

Also, since there is no time jump, Dash will have to be voiced by a new actor.

Last edited:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This might be the first Pixar film that I miss if that teaser is any indication of who the story revolves around.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
How come sequels are rarely called “II” anymore? Do kids read that as “eye-eye” or something? If so, get off my lawn.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
if that teaser is any indication of who the story revolves around.

I doubt that very much. While I'm sure Jack-Jack and his developing powers will have a significant role, I also see no reason to suspect that the other characters won't be well-served, too. At least half of that trailer (Jack-Jack zapping the logo) won't even be in the film.

I think the purpose of this trailer is only to announce the fact that Incredibles 2 is coming, for those general audiences who might not already have researched Pixar's upcoming slate. If Jack-Jack is the sole focus of the longer trailer, then I might see cause for your concern, but or this one, that's fine. Presumably we'll get a longer one in March with A Wrinkle in Time, if not also with the Marvel titles next year which predate this one.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Zee post-air...

upload_2017-11-18_16-2-46.png

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Personally, after suffering through both Cars sequels in the name of being a Pixar fan, there's no way I would miss the only sequel fans have actually been asking Pixar to make for years.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
One of the things I do appreciate is that Brad Bird waited 14 years until he had the right story to make the sequel. This isn't a Cars 2 situation.
Also, since thee is no time jump, Dash will have to be voiced by a new actor.
He is. Spencer Fox (now in his mid-twenties) voiced Dash in the original. IMDB informs me that Huck Milner is voicing him in the sequel. The other three family members are voiced by the original actors: Bob (Craig T. Nelson), Helen (Holly Hunter) and Violet (Sarah Vowell).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Personally, after suffering through both Cars sequels in the name of being a Pixar fan, there's no way I would miss the only sequel fans have actually been asking Pixar to make for years.
Nothing but sequels in the Pixar pipeline for the next several years after Coco. Someone must be requesting them.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Actually, Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4 are the only two Pixar releases following Coco that have been officially tied to release dates, so we don't know what they're doing in 2020.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Really? Sheesh!

Why would it surprise you that I might not be interested in a story that looks like it might revolve around the antics of a precocious baby?

Nothing but sequels in the Pixar pipeline for the next several years after Coco. Someone must be requesting them.

Disney is demanding them. Pixar has been doing less and less original work ever since they officially became a thrall of the Empire.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Yes!

So excited.

I wonder if there will be more posters for the other characters?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks