What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Alfred Hitchcock: The Ultimate Collection provides a reissue of already existent high definition transfers without correcting previous mistakes or extending the box’s worth with meaningful additional scholarship on the subject of the master filmmaker.

Shadow of a Doubt (1943)

Released: 15 Jan 1943
Rated: APPROVED
Runtime: 108 min

Director: Alfred Hitchcock
Genre: Thriller

Cast: Teresa Wright, Joseph Cotten, Macdonald Carey, Henry Travers
Writer(s): Thornton Wilder (screenplay), Sally Benson (screenplay), Alma Reville (screenplay), Gordon McDonell (from an original story by)

Plot: A young woman discovers her visiting uncle may not be the man he seems to be.

IMDB rating: 8.0
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio:...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Thanks, Matt. This is a head scratcher of a release. As you said, if no improvements from the prior release were made, why bother?

I'd much rather see a HQ release of the complete TV series either SD or BD.

+1

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
If they were going to include those episodes in this set, why not remaster them and release them on a Blu-ray? That way, there could have been more episodes fit onto each disc including some of the most famous ones which have been omitted here.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Thanks for a wealth of great info...I will be getting this new reissue set, and like a lot of us, giving away previously acquired single BD's to friends and family...the price point still makes sense for me as I hadn't previously purchased most of them...glad to see that the transfer for Man Who Knew Too Much is improved, at least somewhat, in this new set...I'm very glad that I got the R2 Fabulous Films releases of all 3 Hitchcock Hour seasons, the slight PAL speedup doesn't bother me and they look stunning for the most part...and I also got the rest of Hitchcock Presents (S7 and single sided S1) that have yet (never?) to be released in R1...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks