What's new

Any word on Mayberry RFD Season 2 and 3? (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I got The Andy Griffith Show recently (Complete Series ) and it isn't really completed without Mayberry RFD since Andy, and Helen appear on a guest Basis. I know Season 1 came out 3 years ago

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I know Season 1 came out 3 years ago

And it is currently OOP and very expensive on the secondary market. My initial reaction to it going OOP was that perhaps it was going into MOD with the rest of the series to follow. So far, nothing.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Most definitely this needs to be done to officially complete the series...just way too long for this to be sitting on the shelf as it's a pretty good show.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I've been slowly savoring Season 1 for the past year or so as it looks like the rest is not forthcoming anytime soon.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
And it is currently OOP and very expensive on the secondary market. My initial reaction to it going OOP was that perhaps it was going into MOD with the rest of the series to follow. So far, nothing.

Yes, I agree. Especially given that the first episode of Mayberry RFD serves as the end of TAGS

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Yes, I agree. Especially given that the first episode of Mayberry RFD serves as the end of TAGS

...and the last episode of Andy Griffith serves as the pilot for RFD as well...

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
When asked about this show last year Warner Archive said there were rights issues holding up season 2 and 3 but did not say what those issues are. The fact that season 1 only sold moderately is probably giving them concern for how much they are willing to spend to clear the remaining seasons. If they can clear them I am sure we will see Season 1 re-released first through WA and then the other 2 seasons.

cpalmer2k

Agent
Real Name
Chad
The Decades Channel aired the entire series on one of their "Binge" weekends several months ago. I was fortunate enough to capture all the episodes from seasons 2 and 3 then. I just have to find the time to edit the commercials out of them and I'll have my own set of Seasons 2 & 3 to tide me over until (hopefully) an official release happens!

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Randy, I am sure hoping so as this series is long overdue for their remaining seasons to be released.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Nothing announced but based on their normal patterns they wouldn't release the next season until 4-6 months later and they only announce titles a month in advance. So late June would be the earliest. If nothing by August then it would be time to start panicking. If they were happy with the results it will still take a few months to cleanup and prepare the prints for season 2.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I finished Season one. Did I miss Andy's Farewell Episode? Or is that in Season 2 ??Or is there An actually Episode where he Says Hes leaving Mayberry Resigning as Sheriff Etc

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I finished Season one. Did I miss Andy's Farewell Episode? Or is that in Season 2 ??Or is there An actually Episode where he Says Hes leaving Mayberry Resigning as Sheriff Etc
There is never any moment where Andy leaves Mayberry. In the first episode of the second season, Andy and Helen have a baby, Andy Jr., and are said to be in Charlotte now. That's just about it. Goober wears a deputy uniform on some rare occasions, but another Sheriff being mentioned doesn't happen.
Aneta_Corsaut_Andy_Griffith_Mayberry_RFD_1969.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks