What's new

55" LG OLED B7 hits under 1400. @newegg (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hey just in case anyone is considering this, according to the thread I got it from on SD it's not an authorized vendor.
It's not 'real' Newegg, it's a 3rd party seller who is not authorized to sell LG TVs. Also the seller has a 15% restocking fee.

The real deal is that LG does have a Black Friday sale on the 55" B7A for $1499 so if you go through authorized vendors you are making making a reliable purchase for just $100 more than the risky one. THAT's a good deal.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10735699-l...oled-tv-1399-free-shipping?v=1&src=SiteSearch

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I want OLED for my living room TV, but have read a lot of negative reviews of image retention/ burn in for video game use-which is a must for my living room (PS4 and x box one x). That worries me.

I may play it safe and go for a Q LED.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The Sony 900e has gotten a lot better reviews than the Samsung Q-LEDs.

I have last years model (930D). It has great HDR. I will look into the new Sony line. Even though mine died on me Sony customer service was fantastic, and repaired in a week. However if it happened after 1 year, I wonder if I would have been stuck paying out of pocket.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I want OLED for my living room TV, but have read a lot of negative reviews of image retention/ burn in for video game use-which is a must for my living room (PS4 and x box one x). That worries me.

You've read a lot of reviews claiming they have actually encountered image burn in on 2017 era OLED or cautioning against OLED because of potential burn in concerns?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I play video games on my LG and I have yet to see any burn-in. I will agree with the commenters regarding LG's customer "service". it is abysmal. Absolute shit. On a 0 to 10 scale it rates -100.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
In 3 pages of complaints there is exactly one legit burn in report, and that's by a guy claiming to be gaming on it 4 hours a day. I promise you he's left the TV on over night a few days to get that burn in. The rest of them look like user error and unverified purchases.

You're welcome to treat them as gospel, but I've personally read ever page of the AVS thread on the B and E series and there is not a widespread burn in issue reported there. There are abuse issues and early mortality just like any consumer electronics. Your loss if you skip a set like this over bogus reports.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
BTW I've got this year's 940E at 75" and LG E7 at 55". They are both great sets, but I'd recommend the LG to anyone over the Sony unless they absolutely positively had to have a 75 incher.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
decided aainstt a new Tv. Sticking with my projector, because I enjoy it more than small screen size anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks