What's new

Pre-Order Justice League (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
917kl0qfr9L._SY679_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Attachments

• 169932_front.jpg
    169932_front.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
There isn't a US preorder for Blade Runner 2049 in 3D either. Since these are from retailers assuming there will be product and not based on studio press releases, I don't think it's definitive yet. But there's a chance Warner could either be done or be the next one to be done.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There isn't a US preorder for Blade Runner 2049 in 3D either. Since these are from retailers assuming there will be product and not based on studio press releases, I don't think it's definitive yet. But there's a chance Warner could either be done or be the next one to be done.
True, but it doesn't look good.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, no argument from me there. The 3D Blade Runner 2049 is available from the U.K.; hopefully it'll be the same with Justice League at least.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
jl.jpg
Amazon UK to the rescue. I'm not worried now. I won't pre-order until I am certain there is no American release/or retailer exclusive 3D release.

I just pre-ordered the UHD from link above. Thanks Ron.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this in UHD this afternoon. Looked very nice and had a fine audio track (I used the Atmos track even though I'm not Atmos equipped yet).

Entertaining enough, and I liked the new personalities we hadn't seen before, but it made me regret that Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg didn't have their own origin films with these entertaining actors before merging them with the already established Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. I wonder if DC/Warners has any intention of having stand alone Flash and Aquaman films? They had engaging enough personalities to warrant them.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I wonder if DC/Warners has any intention of having stand alone Flash and Aquaman films?

Both have been announced, with Aquaman supposedly coming out on December 18 of this year.

The Flash movie is supposedly set for 2020 but doesn't have a release date, script or director. At one point, the rumor was that they would be adapting the comic arc "Flashpoint" (already done on the CW TV series recently) but it's unknown if that's still the plan.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the info, Josh. As you see, I'm not keeping up with the plans of the DC heroes, so I appreciate being kept in the loop. (I did remember that Ben Affleck's standalone Batman film had been put on the back burner.)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think the big question for The Batman (The Batfleck?) is whether it'll happen with Affleck in the role.

When the project was originally announced, the idea was that Affleck was going to be a co-writer and the director. He decided to give up directing it, saying that the costume and the physicality that the role required would make it difficult to both star and direct, which sounds pretty reasonable to me. Matt Reeves was then hired to direct. Since then, word has come out that they're doing a new script that Affleck isn't writing.

There have been rumors for a year that Affleck wants out. We're not sure exactly what his contract is for; some have reported that it was a ten picture deal (with some of those meant to be cameos in other heroes films, like his appearance in Suicide Squad), while others have reported that Justice League was the end of his contractual obligation. We just don't know for sure.

Affleck himself has strongly denied rumors that he's looking to jump ship. On the other hand, his denials came while Justice League was in production, and he's a smart enough guy to know that any response other than a denial would have been a disaster for the pre-release publicity.

So I think it's a genuine mystery what happens next. When Batman V Superman came out and was critically slaughtered (not to mention its commercial underperformance), everyone was saying that Affleck was the best part of it, and that Warner should ease up on the Snyder shared universe idea but keep Affleck. For whatever reason, there wasn't a similar buzz around his work in Justice League.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I saw, wait five years and then offer Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale $100 million to do one more Dark Knight movie. Then again, Bale was offered $50 million to do Batman V Superman and had no interest (that version of Batman in BVS does at times seem like it could have started life on the script page as Bale's Batman). And the Nolan series did have a pretty definitive conclusion.

It's a shame because Batman and Superman are probably the two most popular superheroes of all, and they're such rich characters that the studio should have no problem making good movies with them that blow up the box office. That Warner is struggling with those two is a major surprise.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I saw, wait five years and then offer Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale $100 million to do one more Dark Knight movie. Then again, Bale was offered $50 million to do Batman V Superman and had no interest (that version of Batman in BVS does at times seem like it could have started life on the script page as Bale's Batman). And the Nolan series did have a pretty definitive conclusion.

Yeah, it'd be a pretty tough sell for there to be a 4th Dark Knight movie. I guess they could go the Frank Miller route and bring an old Batman out of retirement, but Bale's Batman already "retired" once - and as you say, the ending of "Rises" doesn't tend to leave a lot of wiggle room!

Granted, it wouldn't be that tough to find some excuse for Batman to unretire, but I just find it difficult to believe Bale and/or Nolan would want to undo what they established in "Rises", Neither one needs the work! :D

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
I think the big question for The Batman (The Batfleck?) is whether it'll happen with Affleck in the role.

There have been rumors for a year that Affleck wants out. We're not sure exactly what his contract is for; some have reported that it was a ten picture deal (with some of those meant to be cameos in other heroes films, like his appearance in Suicide Squad), while others have reported that Justice League was the end of his contractual obligation. We just don't know for sure.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

It was a 5-picture deal so that leaves one more IF Warners wishes...perhaps Flashpoint if they go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks