What's new

Looks like we're good for a domestic Blu of NIGHT OF THE DEMON (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I was in touch with Powerhouse/Indicator regarding my (now shipped) replacement disc of SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER and mentioned that I hoped the rumors of an upcoming all-region Blu release of NIGHT/CURSE OF THE DEMON were true, and Deborah kindly replied, "You are listening to very good info there!"

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
I was in touch with Powerhouse/Indicator regarding my (now shipped) replacement disc of SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER and mentioned that I hoped the rumors of an upcoming all-region Blu release of NIGHT/CURSE OF THE DEMON were true, and Deborah kindly replied, "You are listening to very good info there!"
When you say "domestic," which country would you be referring to?

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
No, but you can certainly take to the bank from the confusion that ensues with the word "domestic" when used incorrectly and applied to overseas releases, that our motivation to do a genuine "domestic" release takes a big dip - a lot of cancellations and postponements have happened recently for this very reason.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
No, but you can certainly take to the bank from the confusion that ensues with the word "domestic" when used incorrectly and applied to overseas releases, that our motivation to do a genuine "domestic" release takes a big dip - a lot of cancellations and postponements have happened recently for this very reason.

Are you (Twilight Time) releasing this title (original Night of the Demon) ???

I have not heard a thing about this and if you are then I'm buying !!!!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
When you say "domestic," which country would you be referring to?

I knew I had screwed up that header almost as soon as I posted it, and quickly sent a PM to an administrator to get it fixed, as I am unable to do it. My sincere apologies to everyone here including TT, as that one word seems to have created a snowballing problem. Hopefully, it will be corrected shortly. I meant to say "Looks like we're good for an all-region blu."

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I didn’t think much of the French release, looked like it had been sharpened up, edges had halos evident, not good in my opinion for a Blu Ray release, will hope for better but it’s likely going to be the same as that French release, artificially enhanced detail that isn’t really there.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It is not currently on our schedule.

And that's why collectors, such as myself import. US labels arent releasing the titles that are very much sought after.. be it Curse of the Demon or Universal monster / horror movies from the 1950s that are released in Germany but not here in the US, or The Fly II, The Lost World from 1960, or the Studio Canal Hammer Horrors.
I know there's a lot of factors and reasons as to why some titles havent been released 'domestically', but some of us arent getting any younger ! :D
Id get Curse of the Demon from TT or Criterion if it were on the schedule also..
Ive been waiting for TT to release Fallen Angel and I know it's going to happen at some point, so I held off on importing that one :)

Last edited:

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
And that's why collectors, such as myself import. US labels arent releasing the titles that are very much sought after.. be it Curse of the Demon or Universal horror movies from the 60s that are released in Germany but not here in the US, or The Fly II, The Lost World from 1960, or the Studio Canal Hammer Horrors.
I know there's a lot of factors and reasons as to why some titles havent been released 'domestically', but some of us arent getting any younger ! :D
Id get Curse of the Demon from TT or Criterion if it were on the schedule also..
Ive been waiting for TT to release Fallen Angel and I know it's going to happen at some point, so I held off on importing that one :)
I watched Fallen Angel last week and report that the picture quality was excellent along with the sound and has English sub-titles ...not to be missed as the movie is 10/10...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, I typed out and posted (I had thought) an apology for having used the word "domestic" rather than the phrase "all-region," but it seems to have been deleted. Not an accusation, but it is puzzling, so I'll repeat it: I am so sorry that my error has caused an apparently snowballing negative effect for TT, and other members here. Certainly not my intention. I, however, PM'd an admin very soon after making that mistake requesting that the header be edited, and that was -- and still has been -- not done. I hope that it can still happen before more harm is done.

But I have to held accountable. I say, not as an excuse, but as a reason, that I have been experiencing early-onset dementia (at only age 67), and have been called out a number of times this year and going back a few years back for posting wrong information here. My goal on HTF, aside from gleaning lots of cool info from insiders and other members here who are so much more qualified than I to share technical data, is to provide astute and accurate opinions and information about what little I do know in a non-confrontational fashion so that there is a mutually-beneficial relationship.

This site has been like a second family for me, and I log into it multiple times every day, as I have for 18 years. But I do see a relatively recent (going back 3 years or so) pattern that suggests to me that I am making mistakes that actually have consequences, the latest regarding Twilight Time, a company I love and respect. My using the word "domestic" in this case was a careless and apparently consequential error. This has me wondering whether I should perhaps bow out of this forum other than to simply view posts, rather than adding any further ones, at least until I am able to find medication that will ease this forgetfulness and carelessness somewhat.

So for the time being I'll shut my mouth, but intend to continue enjoying the wisdom of everyone else here. This should be a place of accurate and timely information, and for that reason I will certainly continue to come here for the reviews and the insider announcements. I only hope that, during the years I have posted here, I have been able to add some positive sharing of my limited knowledge as a one-time Super 8mm, 16mm filmmaker and editor and lifelong movie aficionado.

Again, all my apologies for any disruptions my posts have caused to anyone else here. And to Twilight Time in particular during this most recent issue, please know that I hold you in the highest regard and am a bit devastated that any post of mine might have disrupted your release plans. Re: NIGHT/CURSE OF THE DEMON -- I am sure Indicator will produce a stellar Blu-ray, but it seems to me that a future domestic release would still be in high demand.

Rick

Last edited:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Wishing you the best with your health, Rick. As a person who has had family members suffer with dementia, I know it can't be easy on you.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I typed out and posted (I had thought) an apology for having used the word "domestic" rather than the phrase "all-region," but it seems to have been deleted.
I think your apology is in post #12.

Your wording doesn't seem like a big deal (to me anyway). TT says it's not on their schedule anyway, so I'm not sure what their concern might be about.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
DIck:

I don't see that you did anything wrong.
You posted "domestic" rather than "region free" and you tried to correct it and could not correct it.
Simple error that any person could make.

I would also hope that this is an online forum site where one can make people informed and aware of choices from all over the world.
I hope that is what the internet is about and will continue to be about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks