What's new

WBShop 4 for $44 Warner Archive Collection Sale on Black Friday (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
My WAC Blu wishlist has become unwieldy. I should be able to trim it down a bit. :)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So far, there doesn't seem to be any indication that this sale is happening on their site.

Are there any details on this deal?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
So far, there doesn't seem to be any indication that this sale is happening on their site.

Are there any details on this deal?
It’s on now. For Blu-ray releases May 1st 2017 is the cut off. Anything released after that date is not included in the sale.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
In short, it's a suck sale.
I agree with you. I can understand not including November releases, I can understand not including October releases, and I can even understand not including September releases if they have to. What I do not understand is why they are essentially giving us the same cutoff as their July 4 for $44 sale. I can only hope they might at least include more recent titles on Monday, otherwise the sale is really only appealing to those who were not "caught up" after July's sale.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Come to think of it, is it just me, or have the wbshop Black Friday sales on WAC titles been terrible ever since wbshop was sold to Bolder Road (and now Araca)? Last year was the only one that seemed decent, since it at least included titles released up through Sept. 2016, even though Amazon was offering the better price. The year before seemed like it was as bad as this year's sale.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Cool, thanks Robert!

A few weeks ago, I was eagerly awaiting a sale as I'm going through another Jimmy Stewart phase and the Archives have a lot of his earlier films that I've never seen on DVD-R. Then, TCM decided to show like a dozen of them last week. Between that and the lack of the newest BD titles on this sale, I'll spend a lot less than I thought I would.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I still managed to spend $77. Had the sale included the last 6 months of releases, God knows how many hundreds I would have spent! :eek:
I still was able to spend $88.00 - Keep in mind for these sales ONCE you've met the 4 initial units purchase requirement - the selections are $11.00 each from then on - no Minimum of $100.00 for free shipping ..

Reactions: PMF

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Any recommendations for any potential Christmas movies that WA has, either on Blu or DVD-R?

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was disappointed about the cutoff date, but still found 6 movies to get. $66 in the Brothers' pockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks