What's new

Google offering 50% off Movies thru 11/27 (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
As part of their Black Friday Sale, Google Play Movies is offering 50% off any movie $19.99 or less now thru November 27, 2017. The offer is limited to one movie per customer, and must be redeemed by December 3, 2017. Valid in United States only, Google Payments account is required.
Google Play Movies is a Movies Anywhere retail partner, so any movies that are Movies Anywhere eligible should also be accessible, after purchase, through your Movies Anywhere connected iTunes, Vudu, and Amazon Prime Video accounts. Movies included in the promotion are Wonder Woman, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Baby Driver, Cars 3, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, Elf, Planes Trains and Automobiles, The Incredibles, The Polar Express, Moana, Interstellar, and all eight Harry Potter films, plus many more.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

mark-edk

Second Unit
I tried to take advantage of this sale. The first time I made a purchase and got the 50% discount (for a movie that wasn't in the list shown on the offer page, but the wording suggested any movie under $20 would qualify). Unfortunately, I realized too late I was in the wrong (of two) Google accounts, the one that wasn't synced to Movies Anywhere. So I applied for and got a refund on the basis of purchased by accident. Then I went into the right Google account only it wasn't showing any 50% discounts on anything. The fine print said it would be applied at checkout so I figured OK, let's go. Only the checkout was one of those instant things that doesn't show you anything where you can give a final go-ahead, just takes you order and processes it. Sure enough, no discount. And another refund.

Although I've bought a few random tv eps and one complete series (Drive, all six episodes), and have redeemed movie codes etc this would've been the first movie I've actually purchased digitally. I guess that great day will be postponed for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks