What's new

TV for Static Photography display (1 Viewer)

Elfmaze

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble picking a way to do this safely. obviously OLED is out. But looking for a 60 to 65 inch TV for displaying my photographs.

From what I've gathered I'm avoiding OLED like the plague, IPS panels might be a bit risky, VA panels look like the most resistant to Burn in or image retention

Vizio seemes to have some displays in the E, M and P series. samsung also has some in the same ish range just under a grand.. And then the samsung QLED series might look a bit better... But its really hard to judge a TV at the best buy while the screens are all rocking football :(

on the hardware side of things. Ambient light sensing seems to be a requirement as the room will be dark at night vs high sun during the day. I will probably need to rotate the image to avoid burn in( about how many hours do you think I can get away with?)

I have though of using a motion sensor to turn the display off or at least blank the screen when noone is around to help protect the display. I have found a unit from videoteldigita the VP90 that is pricey but will fit the bill. otherwise I see a custom rasberry Pi build in the future.

Any Ideas?

Elfmaze

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
For the screen blanking I wonder about cutting the HDMI cable Vcc line and adding a relay to switch it on and off. Might work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks