What's new

La Belle Noiseuse Coming in Early 2018 (1 Viewer)

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Cohen Media Group will be releasing La Belle Noiseuse on Blu-ray (and presumably DVD) in early 2018. No word yet on whether or not the shorter 125-minute version entitled Las Belle Noiseuse: Divertimento will be included as a supplemental feature. I can't wait to purchase this!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=22497

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean

Jose:

I am very excited about this release too. I first saw the film in New York City when it was released back in 1991 and loved it. I missed purchasing the New Yorker Video DVD that was released back in July 2004 before it went out-of-print and now it fetches high prices in the aftermarket. I really hope Cohen Media Group also releases Divertimento (which they have the distribution rights to as well) preferably as a supplement feature on the La Belle Noiseuse release, but I would buy it a separate release if they decided to do it that way.

I have been extremely happy with the quality of the Cohen Media Group releases I've purchased.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Cohen Media Group will be releasing La Belle Noiseuse on Blu-ray (and presumably DVD) in early 2018. No word yet on whether or not the shorter 125-minute version entitled Las Belle Noiseuse: Divertimento will be included as a supplemental feature. I can't wait to purchase this!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=22497

Almost certainly this will be the four-hour version, which is the only version worth purchasing.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I got it in the mail last week. It looks totally amazing & luminous beyond belief, much superior to when I saw it screened at the NYFF in '91. And I'm not knocking the projection at the NYFF; in my opinion the best in NYC. It looked great then, but I wasn't expecting the clarity of this image on the Blu-ray. Also, it's in Academy ratio...possibly this was originally made for television, not cinemas. I was under the impression it was shown in 1:66:1 at the NYFF, but it was a long time ago and I could be mistaken.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Cohen Media Group also has North American distribution rights to the two-hour version, Divertimiento, so hopefully that too will be released on Blu-ray and DVD.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I got it in the mail last week. It looks totally amazing & luminous beyond belief, much superior to when I saw it screened at the NYFF in '91. And I'm not knocking the projection at the NYFF; in my opinion the best in NYC. It looked great then, but I wasn't expecting the clarity of this image on the Blu-ray. Also, it's in Academy ratio...possibly this was originally made for television, not cinemas. I was under the impression it was shown in 1:66:1 at the NYFF, but it was a long time ago and I could be mistaken.

Mark:

I, too, saw this in New York City when it was first released; the screening I went to was at the Angelika Film Center and I was utterly enthralled by it.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Mark:

I, too, saw this in New York City when it was first released; the screening I went to was at the Angelika Film Center and I was utterly enthralled by it.
I met one of the great loves of my life watching this movie (we both bought tickets from the same person standing outside Alice Tully Hall & ended up sitting next to each other) so I have a lot of warm & fuzzy feelings about it.

PMBen

Agent
Real Name
Pablo Manzano
I loved Cohen's blu ray of this (the transfer is superb), but I wonder about the aspect ratio. Was it originally conceived to be shown in 1.37:1? I mention this because in two different moments of the film, one can clearly see a boom mic in the lower part of the screen, it's quite distracting and it seems doubtful that the filmmakers would have allowed that, given how carefully worked out is every element of the film (framing, camera movements, editing...).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
IAlso, it's in Academy ratio...possibly this was originally made for television, not cinemas.

If this was, in fact, made for TV, then I admire French television being for being so liberal back in 1991. This film is nearly wall-to-wall female nudity.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I saw it at the New York Film Festival, but I no longer recall the aspect ratio. I will say that the quality of the image on the Blu-ray is so much better then the print I saw, and the prints and projection at the NYFF were always far superior to what opened in a theater a few months later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks