What's new

9 to 5: the TV Series (1 Viewer)

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Does anybody know why yet we’ve not seen a release of the TV adaptation of the film 9 to 5? Primarily the ABC season with Rita Moreno, but I would also buy the syndicated seasons with Sally Struthers.
Also, where would you readers say is the best place to get Designing Women, the complete series? I was hoping for a digital edition, but that show isn’t online anywhere?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
For the latter, all seven seasons are on DVD from Shout!

For the former, all I can say is that Fox just doesn't care since it's pre-1990s and is a non-fantasy sitcom not named M*A*S*H. It seemed like there was a lot of backstage drama when it was on ABC, where in its third season it was cancelled in all of a month. IIRC, Welcome Back Kotter and Chico and the Man producer James Komack got into the mix and pushed everybody from the movie out. It's like they killed it on purpose. If the Fox/Disney deal goes through, that will possibly upend the contracts with Shout! that got them what they already got from Fox. Both those studios have years worth of shows they're just sitting on, and not just one-season wonders either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks