What's new

Help with projector, AVR, PC Setup (1 Viewer)

matix018

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
Hello -

I've moved and am trying to set up my projector to play the audio/video I'm streaming through my PC. I've had this same PC/video card with dual-monitors, AVR, and projector setup working in my previous two homes, so I'm clueless/frustrated as to why it isn't working now. I had it working a couple of hours ago (to see if it WOULD work, before mounting the projector), but then unplugged/mounted the projector/re-plugged in - and now it's not working...

Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (has 2 DVIs and 1 mini HDMI)
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
AVR: Sony STR-DN1040
Projector: BenQ W1070

HDMI cable connects projector to AVR (output jack), and HDMI (Audio/Video jack) from AVR to the mini HDMI jack in the video card.

The process that has always worked for me in the past (when everything was connected and working) has been:

Go into PC's Screen Resolution/Display settings, select BenQ from the drop-down list of monitors, and extend the display to the BenQ. This would leave my main monitor available/showing my desktop, cause my second monitor to sleep, and the projector would then act as the second monitor and be showing my extended desktop. The audio would also switch from my computer speakers to the AVR surround speakers.

Now when I have the AVR connected to the video card - monitor 1 and 2 both go to sleep, and the projector (being thrown on the wall) shows that it's searching for source for a few seconds, and then says "No Signal." So at this point, the projector is showing a blank back-splash, and both monitors are asleep, so I can't access any sort of settings from my desktop. When I unplug the AVR from the video card, both monitors wake back up and I can use my PC per usual.

Does anyone know whats going on here?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Check that your firmware is current on the projector, check that your drivers are current on your video card and try again. It sounds like a situation where you may need to have multiple display profiles and have to manually switch the profile when using the projector. It could also be a handshake issue in terms of order of operations re: HDMI. When my AV system turns on, because I have HDMI-CEC enabled, my display goes on first, followed by my receiver, then my source. In your case, that would be turn monitor(s) and projector, then receiver, then your PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks