What's new

Directv HLG HDR (1 Viewer)

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Finally got their new SW update on my Genie and C61K client. They now have HDR live in HLG form, watching Rocky Mountain Express on 104 in UHD/HDR and it looks lovely.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I tried to change my Dtv equipment to 4K but if I do that I get to pay for the new equipment even though I’ve had the dvr for over four years.
Oh well.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I tried to change my Dtv equipment to 4K but if I do that I get to pay for the new equipment even though I’ve had the dvr for over four years.
Oh well.

I would think you can get the upgrade and 24 months of rebates with a contract agreement.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Apparently I’m halfway through a contract agreement.
They told me I can’t switch out until September ‘18.

I’m trying to get the main dvr switched out as defective because I get tons of pixelating.

They’ve been out once and replace wires and connections.

They will be out again next week.

Tech told me it happened because the dvr is nearly full as I usually keep it at around 5% free space.

I don’t believe that for a second.

We’ve been with them on and off for over 20years but of course all they can see is the last five years so as far as they’re concerned I’ve only been there five years.
Even with that paying the $8 a month for four and $20the last year for their warranty service should count for something.

But they have you over a barrel on that. If you don’t pay at least the $8 per month they won’t replace anything even if it’s defective without you paying.

And I know this is off topic but why do I have to pay for an exchange on equipment? I don’t get that. I’m still paying for the service every month and if I cancelled they get the equipment back. Oh well.

I’m sure the 4K content looks great for you guys. Maybe someday for me too unless I tell to go jump in a lake.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've been checking out some stuff since the update and found some of the 4K/HDR images quite good.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’d like to switch to a 4K receiver, but can’t. The reason being, I’d lose all my recorded that we haven’t watched and we are always in arrears. I have an external drive attached, but DTV marries the drive to one receiver and they don’t provide any way to move the recordings to a new DVR. Pisses me off.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Apparently I’m halfway through a contract agreement.
They told me I can’t switch out until September ‘18.

I’m trying to get the main dvr switched out as defective because I get tons of pixelating.

They’ve been out once and replace wires and connections.

They will be out again next week.

Tech told me it happened because the dvr is nearly full as I usually keep it at around 5% free space.

I don’t believe that for a second.

We’ve been with them on and off for over 20years but of course all they can see is the last five years so as far as they’re concerned I’ve only been there five years.
Even with that paying the $8 a month for four and $20the last year for their warranty service should count for something.

But they have you over a barrel on that. If you don’t pay at least the $8 per month they won’t replace anything even if it’s defective without you paying.

And I know this is off topic but why do I have to pay for an exchange on equipment? I don’t get that. I’m still paying for the service every month and if I cancelled they get the equipment back. Oh well.

I’m sure the 4K content looks great for you guys. Maybe someday for me too unless I tell to go jump in a lake.
Concerning the pixelation, I’m getting more of than I used to and I’m at about 65% used. I have heard in the past, that when a HD gets close to max, it can become unreliable.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I guess. It’s very annoying.
A friend has the same issue. But barely 20% full

I would lose a ton if I moved to a new dvr but I’m ok with that.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Just got a new Genie HR54 on Monday to replace a ten-year old HR20 that finally gave up the ghost. Wanted the Genie II for the 4K but couldn't stand the idea of giving up 5 years' worth of accumulated recordings on the HR24 I kept.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just got a new Genie HR54 on Monday to replace a ten-year old HR20 that finally gave up the ghost. Wanted the Genie II for the 4K but couldn't stand the idea of giving up 5 years' worth of accumulated recordings on the HR24 I kept.
Why would getting the 4K have cost you the recordings?

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I have an HR54, it won't do 4K but the C61K does. I grabbed a C61K, put it on my main display, and put the HR54 in another room, works fine.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Genie II (the one that has 4K) doesn't do whole-home DVR. I only watch in one room.

It would be easier to do like I did, put the HR54 in another room with a coax connection, and put the C61K client on your main tv, it is $99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks