What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Hitman's Bodyguard -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The Hitman's Bodyguard, a delightfully wry, action-packed film from Lionsgate (Summit) and Millennium, hits home video as a superb 4k UHD offering.

One of the prime reasons being that Lionsgate and Millennium, finish many of their more recent productions in true 4k.

And this disc makes it apparent.

I'll not go into storyline, but for those unaware, it's a hoot. Language may be a bit of problem for younger viewers, as Mr. Jackson (Samuel L.) creates an aura around the word "mother**er" that will have some feeling it perfectly normal to use at the Christmas dinner table.

Ryan Reynolds, Gary Oldman and Salma Hayek, round out a superb, fun cast.

Image - 5 (Dolby Vision & HDR 10)

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

4k - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Last edited by a moderator:

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
Is it just me or does it seem like Samuel L Jackson seems to be in a new movie every month! And yet one of his best still has not been released on Blu-ray afaik...'187'

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Is it just me or does it seem like Samuel L Jackson seems to be in a new movie every month!
Yeah, he loves to work. I remember seeing an interview with Jackson where he said he had talked to George Lucas about directing Red Tails and Jackson said he passed because it would take a year or so and he didn't want to step away from acting for that long.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Yeah, he loves to work. I remember seeing an interview with Jackson where he said he had talked to George Lucas about directing Red Tails and Jackson said he passed because it would take a year or so and he didn't want to step away from acting for that long.
It is his duty to please every boody ... ;)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this on UHD this afternoon. It was as expected: noisy, busy, jabbery, and completely over-the-top: exactly what one expects from today's action films. I had a good time with it, but it did seem to me that Reynolds, despite top billing, played subordinate to Jackson for most of the movie. Not a lot of plot surprises either (I figured out the Interpol mole's identity long before it was revealed, and it was given away pretty early), but the wild action sequences like that climactic chase through Amsterdam were adequate compensations.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched this on UHD this afternoon. It was as expected: noisy, busy, jabbery, and completely over-the-top: exactly what one expects from today's action films. I had a good time with it, but it did seem to me that Reynolds, despite top billing, played subordinate to Jackson for most of the movie. Not a lot of plot surprises either (I figured out the Interpol mole's identity long before it was revealed, and it was given away pretty early), but the wild action sequences like that climactic chase through Amsterdam were adequate compensations.
It's the type of a film that is better enjoyed in a movie theater with other people because of the comedic moments. I laughed my butt off when I first watched it that way.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
It's the type of a film that is better enjoyed in a movie theater with other people because of the comedic moments. I laughed my butt off when I first watched it that way.

Yup. The funniest movie moment last year was when Jackson used his favorite word for the umpteenth time and Reynolds exploded, "That's it! You've RUINED the word 'motherf---er' for me!"

They just announced a sequel. Woo-hoo!

Mike S.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hmm forum seems to be hanging today.

I’ve seen a handful of double posts. Have to refresh to get a post to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks