What's new

LG Soundbar retro fitting a Sub possibility's? (1 Viewer)

Jurassicparkfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Ash
I purchased a LG LAS260B last year and I'm now finding myself wanting some sub goodness, the LG LAS465B looks identical and comes with a sub.

So my questions are:
1. Is it the same soundbar unit
2. Can I use this LG Sub with my soundbar
3. Can I connect other brand subs to my soundbar

Many thanks and apologises if I come across as a bit of a fool,

Ash

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Looking on LG's website, there are no outputs shown for your soundbar, nor any Bluetooth interface with a subwoofer. It's worth contacting customer support, but it looks like your unit is totally contained, with no ability to add a subwoofer of any kind.

Jurassicparkfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Ash
Looking on LG's website, there are no outputs shown for your soundbar, nor any Bluetooth interface with a subwoofer. It's worth contacting customer support, but it looks like your unit is totally contained, with no ability to add a subwoofer of any kind.

The sub for the model up is bluetooth and my sound bar allows blue tooth pairing, so thats why I'm thinking its possible.

Luke Cool

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
The sub for the model up is bluetooth and my sound bar allows blue tooth pairing, so thats why I'm thinking its possible.
1. Is it the same soundbar unit
A parts manual would tell us, but I doubt that one exists for consumers. Probably, only the manufacturer or one of their service centers can answer that.

2. Can I use this LG Sub with my soundbar
Bluetooth is not "across the board" connectivity. The interrogated has to recognize the hand shake sent from the interrogator. This prevents a Bluetooth sound bar from using a Bluetooth cellphone as a subwoofer. So as you can now see, many uses are proprietary (coded to a series of models or types of devices) so that they can not interfere with other devices being used around us. You can try to connect to an LG Sub. You may get lucky, or you may have bought something you can't use. Your best bet is to call the manufacturer. Sound bars are made as disposable. If I were you, I'd probably sale the old one, and go out and buy the one I want.

3. Can I connect other brand subs to my soundbar.
Yes, some. I seriously doubt Bluetooth will work for this unit, but there is another way. To do this, you'll need to open the sound bar's shell. Buy a spool of 16 or 18 gauge speaker wire. Solder one wire set to each of the two largest speakers inside of the shell (4 connections total, 2 on each speaker). Mind the polarity. Route the wires, make a neat little hole for their exit, then close the shell back up. Now you will need to connect the other end of the wires to a powered sub woofer that excepts speaker inputs. Warning; Connect the sub before you plug the sound bar in. If you don't understand the whats and whys of any of this, don't try it.

Faced with a similar problem, I added a bigger sub. It sounded great, just the bar was still not loud enough for my wife. I ended up upgrading to a Samsung 300 watt, 5.1 sound bar with a Bluetooth rear speaker kit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks