What's new

Home Audio Help - Controls Identifiction (1 Viewer)

Andy836

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone in this community might be able to help me.

My sister went to view a house and it has built in speakers, wall controls and tv mounts. All the cables seem to feed back to a central closet but the original system/audio equipment has been removed - the cables are just hanging there.

It's not something she was looking for but I think if it's cheap enough to replace what was removed then she should try and do it if she bids on the house - alternative is remove all these and plaster over.

She didn't take any pics of the wall controls themselves but I got the attached screenprint (terrible quality) from the video she sent.

1. Can anyone here identify the control, is it any good?
2. So effectively the house has cabling and speakers - what else would be needed to make this work? Amps, PC?

Thanks everyone for any help you can give
Andy

Terrible image of the black controls attached
https://imgur.com/a/yQT1N

Attachments

• Audio Controls.jpg
    Audio Controls.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I doubt that anyone who hasn’t spent years working as an installer will be able to identify that picture. Replacing with the original equipment would be the easiest route, so your best bet would be to get an equipment list from the current owner, or at least what brand the gear was.

Alternately, with the wiring in place a different system could be installed.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Andy836

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
Thanks Wayne,
Unfortunately the current owner isn't available - it's a receiver/bank sale - no reps or warranties or info available.
She's only bidding on it at this stage - if she's successful she'll get a smart home/audio company to take a look and quote for the work but it would be great to get a guide on replacement costs etc in advance.
Fingers crossed someone recognizes it.
Andy

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
That looks like a Russound UNO S2 keypad. At the least she would need a Russound audio matrix switch that would work with the keypad. I would advise having someone knowledgable on whole home audio inspect the system to see what else is missing.

Brian

Last edited:

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
I mention audio matrix above but this could control audio/video. Would need to see the cables that are hanging out of the wall to know more.

Andy836

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
Thanks Brian, that is fantastic.
I googled that keypad and they're a match.
The screenshot of the cables is unusable (too blury) - getting a pro to look at it seems to be the next step.
Thanks for your help
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks