What's new

Retaining my Bellsouth email id after cancelling AT&T U-verse account. (1 Viewer)

Karen Harison

Auditioning
Real Name
Karen Harison
Hi

Will I be able to retain my bellsouth.net email id if I cancel my AT&T U-Verse internet account?

Thanks!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Doubtful. Email addresses like yours are provided by the Internet Service Provider, and are tied to your account with them. They are not portable like phone numbers.

This is why it's advised to get an email ID from a third-party such as Google or Yahoo. You can keep that address whenever you switch ISPs.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Angry that with AT&T Yahoo email account i had to created a new one because my old one was hacked. AT&T told me it would take 90 days to close it down the old one....what a crock!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Angry that with AT&T Yahoo email account i had to created a new one because my old one was hacked. AT&T told me it would take 90 days to close it down the old one....what a crock!

AT&T doesn't do anything fast (or usually well). I dealt with them professionally for over 30 frustrating years.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Hi

Will I be able to retain my bellsouth.net email id if I cancel my AT&T U-Verse internet account?

Thanks!
If you haven't already cancelled you can establish a new email address with a non-ISP provider and then send out a broadcast notification to the contacts you want to keep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks