What's new

need help buying a new tv (1 Viewer)

Jorge Vasquez

Auditioning
Real Name
jorge
my old tv just gave out and a need a good 4k tv that will give a great picture i am on a budget as i just bougth a 3000 dollar projector so i am under 1000 $ range for a tv anyone has suggestion for a tv please help :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Plenty of choices. I'd decide on a brand. I wanted 3D and 4K so I knew it would have to be used. Also Samsung and LG seemed the strongest. I decided on active 3D so that went on to Samsung. Then I bought a 55" JU7100 and it got smashed by UPS. Then I found a 65" for a bit more and now have that and love it. I don't have a 4K player yet but it upscales pretty good. The original Star Wars dvds upped to 1080 and looked great. Other things like Trek blu ray original series upped to 4K and looked great. It has local dimming and excellent color. Lots of options. Still working to get the 3D just right but when it works it's often jawdropping but not perfect. I do have crosstalk probs. So its a lot to consider.... what do you want to do with it and what is more important to you. I got the 65" for $1100. I'm perfectly happy.

rtings.com is a good place to get crazy detailed reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks