What's new

Foreground music good background faint (1 Viewer)

Larrycleve1

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry Mark
I've got my laptop, Acer Aspire E 15, connected to my home theater. The laptop uses Windows 10. I have an Onkyo HA 200 DAC connected to the laptop by usb c. The DAC is connected to the blue ray by a new 3.5 mm to RCA cable to the aux. The music is on the laptop's sshd.

The problem is I only hear the foreground music. The background music is faint. The files are good as I use them in other devices. The same goes for the DAC. I've used my tablet with the DAC and connected to the blue ray the same as the laptop with no problem. I'm thinking the problem must be with the laptop as it happens with Foobar 2000, AIMP and other music players. I've tried uninstalling the sound drivers and turning off enhancements with no luck. It is Realtek hardware.

Any ideas as to solving this?

Larrycleve1

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry Mark
I believe I've got it solved. I changed the setting in AIMP from stereo to 7.1. The sound went from compressed to opened up and I can hear all the background music. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks