What's new

Universal's Blu Ray Legacy Sets? (1 Viewer)

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Does anyone have any idea if we might be getting any more of these wonderful sets?
I think a lot of us are hoping for a Creature set with Revenge of The Creature in 3-D, as well as the already released in 3-D original.

Revenge of Creature.jpg

search

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Most of us are hoping for Abbott and Costello, Fifties SciFi , Invisible Man , Creature , WC Fields etc sets.
A person I know who has some inside information has suggested that the powers that be at Universal aren't that interested in releasing these things on BD at this point.
Time will tell.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Most of us are hoping for Abbott and Costello, Fifties SciFi , Invisible Man , Creature , WC Fields etc sets.
A person I know who has some inside information has suggested that the powers that be at Universal aren't that interested in releasing these things on BD at this point.
Time will tell.

I hope that's not true, I'm still holding out hope for a Bob Hope set (including the Road To films). Oh well, time will tell.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I hope that's not true, I'm still holding out hope for a Bob Hope set (including the Road To films). Oh well, time will tell.
In addition to the other sets I mentioned , a Bob Hope set would be welcome. For that matter, so would a Bing Crosby set .
On the TV front I'd love to own the MUNSTERS on bluray .

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see a Douglas Sirk At Universal blu ray box set either as part of the Legacy series or on its own! The only Universal Sirk blu rays available in R1 are All That Heaven Allows (1955) and Imitation Of Life (1959). It would be a pricey set but I'd be willing to cough up the dough. The set would consist of 20 films (including several that never saw the light of day on DVD) and most likely be divided into two volumes.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I'd love to see a Blu-ray set of the crazy Dorothy Lamour "sarong" pictures from Paramount that Universal controls. THE JUNGLE PRINCESS, HER JUNGLE LOVE, ALOMA OF THE SOUTH SEAS, BEYOND THE BLUE HORIZON and others would be a lot of fun. Ditto to the Maria Montez-Jon Hall adventures.
Not holding my breath waiting for these, however...

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
Can we at least have those films from that one Bela Lugosi set on single-sided discs? For that matter, I'd like to see in some form Harold Lloyd's Professor Beware assuming that Criterion didn't license it for inclusion with the rest of the Lloyd talkies.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
FWIW, I contacted Universal CS last August and asked about release dates for both the Creature from the Black Lagoon and Invisible Man Legacy Collections on BR, citing the rapidity of the prior releases.

Here's the reply I received:

Many factors influence the timing and content of our releases, and no plans have been announced for the Blu-ray release of this title. Unfortunately, no further information is available at this time.

For a listing of upcoming releases, please check our website periodically at:

http://uphe.com.

You might also wish to subscribe to our online newsletter for product announcements at

https://www.uphe.com/news

We appreciate your interest and hope that you will continue to enjoy Universal products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Hopefully, (hmmm.... there's that guy again!) they were just in "information lockdown" mode and those releases have actually been scheduled and coming soon. Considering the cachet these films have I can't see them abandoning the series without getting those last 2 out there. I'd imagine they'd get more from sales of either of those than any of the reboot films they've released in the past couple of years.

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Or..how about a Cecil B. DeMille blu-ray set with titles like Sign of the Cross, The Crusades and Union Pacific?

Oh yes, a forties DeMille set would be a lot of fun (more fun than the fifties stuff):

Unconquered (1947) -there's a German Blu-ray release of this in April.
The Story Of Dr. Wassell (1944) - I've never seen this one.
Reap The Wild Wind (1942) - There's been a stunning HD transfer of this shown on TV.
North West Mounted Police (1940)
Union Pacific (1939) - I saw this in HD on TCM (UK) the other day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks